College of Professional Studies Advising
CPS Advising Mission Statement
MSU Denver academic advising empowers students to define and navigage their paths toward achieving their educational, career, and life goals. The College of Professional Studies (CPS) primary objective is student success and CPS Advising achieves this through teaching students to make informed choices, providing clear, accurate, and timely guidance and support.
CPS Advising Services
Services our office provides include (but are not limited to):
- Advising for major and minor requirements in CPS. Click here to view the programs CPS currently offers.
- Advising on general studies for CPS majors.
- Advising for overall academic policies and procedures.
- Advising for basic degree requirements for graduation.
- Removal of Orientation/Advising holds, 45-credit hour general studies holds, and 60-credit hour general studies holds.
- Declaration of majors and minors.
- Completion of Math peer study contracts and overrides for math courses (for eligible students).
- Interpretation of Accuplacer test results for English, Math, and Reading.
To learn more about our contact information and advising within our departments, view our contact page.
Looking for a job on campus? Please take a look at the work-study position currently open to all work-study qualified or eligible students! Click here.
Registration Information: If you have questions about your degree plan, please contact our office at 303-615-1099 to schedule an appointment.
August 16 - Tuition payment deadline for Fall 2019
August 19 - Fall classes begin
August 25 - Last day to self-register for full-semester Fall classes
August 26 - Last day to drop full-semester Fall classes with 100% refund
September 2 - Labor Day (campus closed)
September 4 - Last dary to drop full-semester Fall classes with 50% refund
October 28 - Spring 2020 priority registration begins
November 1 - Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes
November 25-29 - Fall Break (no classes, campus closed on 11/28 for Thanksgiving Day)
December 9 - Final exam week
December 13 - Fall 2019 Commencement
December 23-January 1 - Winter Break (Campus Closed)