College of Professional Studies Advising
CPS Advising Mission Statement
MSU Denver academic advising empowers students to define and navigage their paths toward achieving their educational, career, and life goals. The College of Professional Studies (CPS) primary objective is student success and CPS Advising achieves this through teaching students to make informed choices, providing clear, accurate, and timely guidance and support.
CPS Advising Services
Services our office provides include (but are not limited to):
- Advising for major and minor requirements in CPS. Click here to view the programs CPS currently offers.
- Advising on general studies for CPS majors.
- Advising for overall academic policies and procedures.
- Advising for basic degree requirements for graduation.
- Removal of Orientation/Advising holds, 45-credit hour general studies holds, and 60-credit hour general studies holds.
- Declaration of majors and minors.
- Completion of Math peer study contracts and overrides for math courses (for eligible students).
- Interpretation of Accuplacer test results for English, Math, and Reading.
To learn more about our contact information and advising within our departments, view our contact page.
Looking for a job on campus? Please take a look at the work-study position currently open to all work-study qualified or eligible students! Click here.
Registration Information: If you have questions about your degree plan, please contact our office at 303-615-1099 to schedule an appointment.
January 21 - Classes Begin (Full-Semester Classes)
January 27 - Last day to self-register for Full-Semester Spring Classes
January 28 - Last day to drop Full-Semester Spring Classes with 100% refund
February 6th - Last day to drop Full-Semester Spring Classes with 50% refund
February 24 - Summer 2020 Priority Registration Begins
March 23 - Spring Break (Campus Open, No Classes)
March 30 - Fall 2020 Priority Registration Begins
April 3 - Last day to Withdraw from Full-Semester Spring classes
May 11 - Final Exam week
May 15 - Spring 2020 Commencement
May 25 - Memorial Day (Campus Closed)