International Business Program
I'M INTERESTED IN:
Would you like to be a part of the global business world?
Would you like to be a part of the global business world? As the business world becomes increasingly interdependent, there has been a dramatic increase in firms going international. As a result, there is an increasing demand for employees who understand the global context of business. This includes expertise in the logistics of trade, cross-border investments, cultural differences, legal differences, & the challenges of working in diverse business environments.
Did You Know?
- Colorado merchandise exports totals over $8.3 billion per year
- Colorado is the #1 state in exporting computer and electronic product
- 40,000 Colorado jobs are supported by exports
- Exports-related jobs pay up to 18% above the national average
- The top countries Colorado firms export to are: Canada, Mexico, China, Korea and Japan.
- Over 5,000 Colorado companies export goods
- 87% of Colorado companies that export are SMEs (with fewer than 500 employees)
- Nearly 5 percent of Colorado’s private industry employment results from foreign investment into the State.
Why Study International Business?
Students can expand their career opportunities by gaining knowledge of other cultures, building cross-cultural communication skills, and developing awareness of the social, cultural, and economic characteristics of other countries. Studying international business provides students with insights about the global economic and business climates.
International Business Programs:
This program prepares students with an understanding of global business and knowledge in a functional area of business. Students will be prepared to apply for job positions in companies that are engaged in international trade.
This degree program provides students with an understanding of multiple cultural perspectives along with knowledge of how a global business operates. Students will be prepared to apply for job positions in global non-profits, NGOs, diplomatic organizations, trade specialists, and companies engaged in global business.
This program provides College of Business majors with detailed information about the functions of business that play an important role in the international business area.
This program provides non-College of Business majors with an overview of company functions and an understanding of how to conduct business in an international context.
Choose an AACSB-accredited business program. Why? Students who graduate from AACSB-accredited programs tend to command higher salaries and have greater success in getting into top graduate schools.
Fewer than 5 percent of the world’s business programs have earned this distinction and MSU Denver is one of them. AACSB accreditation ensures that you are studying in a program that has passed the highest quality standards.
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Global Economics and International Trade
- International Money and Finance
- Global Entrepreneurship
- International Business law