Dreamer Emergency Fund
Please note: due to limited funding, as of March 1st, 2023, our max Emergency Fund award will be $1,000.00.
Life happens. One of MSU Denver’s core values is access—all students should have access to the resources they need to succeed in college and finish their education. The Dreamer Emergency Fund is an emergency stipend for MSU Denver students who have; undocumented, DACA, or TPS status. The fund is managed in collaboration with the Student Care Center and the Immigrant Services Program. Applications will be reviewed as funds last. Once funds are exhausted, additional applications will not be reviewed. All decisions are final.
Students are eligible to receive funding once a semester.
This award will only be granted after a student has submitted an online application and connected with professional staff associated with the Student Care Center or Immigrant Services Program. Requests will be considered after a conversation with a professional staff member and the amount the student receive will vary based on their need.
Expenses covered (for the entire household) include, but are not limited to:
- Personal medical, dental, or mental health emergencies
- Emergency family medical or death expenses
- Safety and health-related needs
- Rent and utilities, in case of emergency
- Tuition (excluding fees)
- Care for dependents
- Costs related to major accidents or loss due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Can cover costs related to one’s immigration case or court hearing
- Costs related to immigration attorneys
- DACA renewals
Expenses not covered include:
- University Fees
- Legal fees (unrelated to immigration status)
- Student travel/conference
- Non-essential utilities (determined by Student Emergency Retention Fund Committee)
- Costs of entertainment, recreation, personal, or non-emergency travel expenses
- Outstanding personal debt, including credit card debt