Transcripts and Other Documents

Reminder:  F-1 visa students have an earlier document Submission Deadline, visit the international admissions page for more information.

Admitted Student Document Submission Deadline

We suggest that you get your transcripts in as early as possible in order to ensure a timely review and get into the classes that you want. Unsubmitted official transcripts can impact your class options. If you have classes in progress, you can send an official transcript for previous semesters and send an updated transcript upon completion.


Things to remember for official transcripts

All hard copies of transcripts must be in an official sealed envelope from the missing school, institution or agency. Electronic transcripts can only be delivered by the issuing institution. Forwarded transcripts will not be accepted as official.

Registration Hold

If final official documents are not received by the start of classes a Registration Hold will be placed on the student account.


High School Transcripts

College Transcripts

GED Transcripts

Test Scores

International Documents

International students: We must receive all official documents before an admission decision can be made. The documents listed above are required

Veteran and Military


Have an electronic copy or a clearly readable photo of your official DD214

Submit to [email protected]

Prior Learning

Have official military transcripts for possible conversion into college credits?

Submt to Prior Learning Specialist, Bren Shuler at [email protected] 

Have military documents for possible college credits?

  1. Prior Learning for military training and experience: submit your official transcript to MSU Denver.
  • Air Force:  send your official CCAF transcript
  • Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: send your official Joint Services Transcript


  1. DD Form 214 for general military active-duty service credit. Depending on other factors, credit may be awarded for Oral Communication and a waiver applied for the Global Diversity requirement.
  • Email an electronic copy or clearly readable photo of the Member-4 Copy of your DD Form 214 to [email protected]
  • Still on active duty? Have your command generate a signed Memo for Record stating your name, current rank, start date of active duty, and location(s) of any overseas assignments, deployments, or sea service that includes start and end dates.


Detailed information regarding the above can be found at:


Log in to your admissions application account and upload your documents.


Unofficial transcripts will NOT be used for official transfer credit evaluations. You will need to request official transcripts directly from the issuing school, institution or agency.

Only official transcripts are used for official transfer credit evaluations to determine how credits will transfer in to your MSU Denver student record. If you submit official college transcripts and have 24 or more transferable credits, your high school or GED transcript requirement will be automatically waived. If you have fewer than 24 transferable credits, you will also need to submit high school or GED transcripts.



If you are an F-1 visa student, you are required to submit official documents for admission. Visit the international admissions page for more information.

Admitted Students

You may have been admitted to MSU Denver by uploading an unofficial copy of your transcripts or scores to your application account. An admissions decision can be made based on the information you reported on your application and unofficial documents when needed. If you’re admitted, prior to attending, you will need to request that your official transcripts or GED scores (and official test scores if applicable) be sent from your school or institution. Transcripts should have a posted graduation date and final grades. Enrollment and financial aid can be impacted if you do not complete this step, so be sure to request them. If you will graduate from your current institution before you begin at MSU Denver, please wait to submit your transcripts until your final grades and graduation date have posted.
If you are an F-1 visa student, you are required to submit official documents for admission. Visit the international admissions page for more information.