Welcome to the Office of the Provost/Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs at Metropolitan State University of Denver, home to some 20,000 current students and well over 85,000 alumni.
The Office of the Provost/EVPAA helps to create and support a relevant and engaging learning/teaching environment for MSU Denver students and faculty. MSU Denver seeks to facilitate access and to ensure success for our students through a student-centered curriculum and a highly qualified faculty, who are dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities, and service. MSU Denver provides a supportive learning atmosphere for students to pursue their studies, with rich opportunities for interaction with their peers and with their faculty. Students engage in active learning appropriate to their discipline; in doing so, they participate in the exciting process of discovery, and have a chance to learn in experiential and cooperative settings across traditional academic disciplinary boundaries.
As a result, MSU Denver's graduates are well prepared to enter the world of work in a variety of careers, or to pursue post-baccalaureate study leading to advanced academic and professional degrees and credentials. Our graduates have learned to communicate effectively – in writing, through public speaking, and by learning to listen carefully; our graduates also know how to analyze complex problems, to think creatively and critically, and to work collaboratively to achieve common goals; they have learned to master information literacy and new technologies that will help them meet the challenges of the rapidly changing future and for life in our globally interdependent 21st Century society.
The Provost works collaboratively with her Senior Leadership Team, including the Deans of three Colleges – Letters, Arts & Sciences; Professional Studies; Business; and the School of Education; Associate Vice Presidents who oversee Curriculum & Academic Effectiveness, and Faculty Affairs, and the Directors of Graduate Studies and Undergraduate Studies. We offer our academic programs in a variety of modalities and venues: on campus, online, at several off-campus sites, and, in partnership with the Colorado Community College System, on select Community College Campuses. Collectively, AA
- Promotes excellence in student learning and faculty teaching;
- Supports diverse professional development activities for faculty;
- Actively encourages and supports the faculty and staff in the development of grant initiatives;
- Investigates and expands international education opportunities;
- Successfully responds to accreditation requirements, state performance indicators, and state or national licensure standards for academic programs as needed;
- Effectively utilizes resources, including faculty and space, to meet students’ needs, their career goals, and the University's role and mission; and
- Continues to review, assess and improve curriculum to meet the needs of the students including general studies, majors, minors, certificates and licensure programs.
The Provost works collaboratively with her Senior Leadership Team, including the Deans of the College of Letters, Arts & Sciences, the College of Professional Studies, the College of Business, the School of Education, Associate Vice Presidents who oversee Curriculum & Academic Effectiveness, the Director of Graduate Studies and the Director of Undergraduate Studies, as well as several academic and service centers. Collectively the Colleges, School, and AA units share responsibility for advancing the mission of MSU Denver. We offer our academic programs in a variety of modalities and venues: on campus, online, at several extended campus sites, and, in partnership with the Colorado Community College System, on selected Community College Campuses.