Skip to main content Skip to main content

Additional forms can be found on the Academic Affairs website.

Student Forms

Administrative Withdrawal


Students who have experienced severe, extenuating circumstances and were unable to successfully withdraw themselves before the withdraw deadline may request an administrative withdrawal. If approved, an “AW” designation will be recorded on the student’s official academic record and no academic credit will be awarded. Students who have successfully withdrawn or who are able to withdraw before the published deadline, should not request an “AW”. For more information, please visit the university catalog: 


Audit Approval

(Main Campus) 

A student audits a course for informational purposes only. If space is available, students who meet MSU Denver admission requirements and are formally admitted to the University may audit a class with permission of the instructor. The cost for auditing a course that takes place on the main campus is based on applicable tuition and fees. 

Persons aged 60 and older may audit courses at no cost through the Metro Meritus Program. For more information on this program, visit the Center for Individualized Learning website

Course audits are also available on MSU Denver's South Campus through the . Please Note: The cost for a course audit on the South Campus differs from course audits offered on the main campus. 

Change of Information 

To change last name, preferred first name, address, ssn, phone, DOB, gender. 

NOTE: Changing your name, SSN, or DOB requires legal documentation (refer to the form for details). 

Estimated Processing Time: 3-5 Business Days

Credit by Examination

To request departmental credit by examination for a specific course.

COF Waiver


To apply for more COF hours after you've reached your 145 limit.

Estimated Processing Time: 5-10 Business Days

Commencement Participation for Non-Official Graduate Candidates

This form is not a graduation application. This is for students who wish to walk during the Commencement Ceremony, however understands that they have not met all degree requirements. Walking at the ceremony does not mean that you have graduated. 

Declaration Major/Minor

To change a major/minor, catalog year, or certificate program. Students must complete this form with their advisor. 

Estimated Processing Time: Up to 3 weeks

Diploma Replacement Order Form

To order a replacement diploma.

Enrollment Verification

To show proof of enrollment at MSU Denver.

FERPA Release  

Student consent to release confidential information.  This form must be submitted in-person with a photo ID or mailed/faxed with a notarized signature.


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that is administered by the Family Policy Compliance Office (Office) in the U.S. Department of Education (Department). 20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99. FERPA applies to all educational agencies and institutions (e.g., schools) that receive funding under any program administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, he or she becomes an "eligible student," and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. More information on FERPA can be found HERE.

 Estimated Processing Time: 2-3 Business Days

Fresh Start Application 

Application to apply for certain semesters to be removed from GPA and academic credit.  Will not change Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress evaluation. 

Estimated Processing Time: 3-4 Weeks

Graduation Application Addendum 

Once you have applied for graduation, if you receive notification that there is an adjustment that needs to be made to your application, you will need to complete this form.

Inter-Institutional Application 

For MSU Denver students interested in taking an inter-institutional course at the Community College of Denver.

International Student Documentation Request/Submission  

This form is to be used for F-1 international students to request documentation from or submit documentation to International Student Support.

Estimated Processing Time: 3-5 Business Days

Non-Disclosure of Directory Information 

To ensure no Directory Information will be disclosed to anyone without your express, written request.   

Estimated Processing Time: 3-5 Business Days

Notary Service Request

Request for notarized copies of transcript/diploma. 

Estimated Processing Time: 5-10 Business Days

Pass/Fail Form  

To request a Pass/Fail option for a class, as opposed to normal grading options of A, B, C, D, F. This is restricted to general elective classes only. Contact the Office of the Registrar at to request a copy or stop by the Registrar’s Office in Student Success Building 160 to pick one up.  

Transfer Course Approval 

This form is to make adjustments for transfer credits that have been applied. This form can also be used to transfer in additional credits to apply towards a degree plan; this requires approval from the appropriate Department Chair. 

Estimated Processing Time: 10 Business Days

Transfer Previous Degree 

This form is used when students have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from another institution, and they need to use specific courses from that institution for prerequisites or for their degree requirements here at MSU Denver. Courses that need to be used here should be listed separately along with their MSU Denver equivalencies. This form can be started with an Advisor, but needs to be signed off by a Department Chair, and the Department Chair needs to approve of each course.   

**Please contact your department for Incomplete Agreement forms.**

Additional forms can be found on the .


Edit this page