Center for Multicultural Engagement and Inclusion
Discover Your Campus Community
Metropolitan State University of Denver has over 120 Student Organizations whose focuses range from academic to social. It is likely there is a student organization that fits your interests. If you can’t find an org that excites you, it is easy to start your own.
Being a part of a student organization is a great way to:
Develop leadership skills
Enhance professional experience
The Center for Multicultural Engagement and Inclusion (CMEI) is here to help connect you with our student organizations community. The CMEI staff provides administrative and accounting support to student organizations at MSU Denver. We are here to help you register your organization and assist in the process along the way. Our dedicated staff is also available to help new organizations get started and connected with various resources across campus.
How to Join a Student Organization
Joining a student organization is as simple as a couple of clicks! RoadrunnerLink is where all of our registered student organization portals are located. Each individual portal will have instructions on how to officially join the organization along with contact information for the officers and advisor of the organization. Take some time to research the various organizations at MSU Denver on RoadrunnerLink and find your community by joining an organization today!
- Sign into RoadrunnerLink
- Click on Organizations
- Filter Organizations by category or search for specific Organizations
- Click on their portal for general information, meeting times, and upcoming events
- If interested, you can request to join an organization or contact their officers for more information
How to Start a Student Organization
Can’t find the right organization for you? Start your own organization and become a part of the vibrant and dynamic MSU Denver community! Starting a new student organization is a wonderful way to add to the diverse MSU Denver community. Our dedicated student organizations staff from the Center of Multicultural Engagement and Inclusion is here to help you get the process started in developing and registering your own student organization.
- Identify 4 students as organization officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary)
- Have all 4 officers complete an Officer Training session. There’s an online officer training option as well as an in-person option. Go to RoadrunnerLink for more information about our officer training sessions
- Select a full-time MSU Denver faculty or staff member to serve as your organization advisor and have them complete the Advisor Verification & Responsibilities Form
- Write a constitution (Student organizations must address all articles listed in the Constitution Template
- Go to RoadrunnerLink and login using your MSU Denver credentials
- Click the "Organizations” tab and then click “Register an Organization”
- Complete all of the steps in the registration form and submit. Our staff will review your submission, constitution, and officer qualifications
- You will receive a notification once your registration submission is approved or denied
“The opportunities that are provided for my future through involvement are incredible. Through being a member of several student organizations as well as professional associations, I have already been offered several job opportunities for when I graduate. I see value in participation because there IS value in participation.”
- Student Organization Officer
2020 Social Work Graduate
What is RoadrunnerLink?
RoadrunnerLink is an online platform used for student organization registration, communication, online forms, events calendar, etc. It’s a great way to promote your organization, access tools and resources for better efficiency, and connect with new recruits, current members, or other organizations. This is also where you can search for student organizations, join a student organization, and find out about upcoming student organization events and activities.
- A calendar of student organization events
- Organization communication tools
- Student Organization related news
- Student Organization portals (This is where you can search for registered student organizations, join organizations, obtain contact information for other organizations)
- Forms and documents
Do I Need a Login?
Your login information for RoadrunnerLink is synched with your MSU Denver single sign-on credentials (same username and password as your MSUD email). Visit RoadrunnerLink and click the blue “Sign In” button in the top right corner. Sign in using your MSU Denver username and password. The first time you sign in you will be prompted to create your user profile.