MSU Denver

Campus Safety Matters

MSU Denver cares about the safety and security of our community. In partnership with the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC), we take strides to protect and inform our community about pertinent matters related to crime prevention and safety on campus and in the immediate vicinity of the campus. The information provided on this site is intended to educate students, faculty, staff and visitors about our University and campus safety and security measures. For matters not addressed here please contact us.

Keeping Our Community Safe

Emergency Services

Emergency: In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. Note that calling 911 from any Auraria campus phone will dispatch the Auraria Police Department. You may also reach the Auraria Police Department by calling 303-556-5000 from a cell phone or off-campus location.

Non-Emergency Criminal Reports: If you have firsthand knowledge of criminal behavior taking place on the Auraria Campus you are encouraged to file an incident report with the Dean of Students Office or police report with the Auraria Campus Police Department as soon as possible. Please call the Auraria Police Department at 303.556.5000 to make a report over the phone or to arrange to meet with an officer who can take your report.

Emergency Resources: Not every emergency requires or desires police presence. For a comprehensive list of emergency resources including police information go to our Emergency and Safety Resources page.

Concerning Behavior

If you are concerned about a member of the MSU Denver community you are encouraged to alert the University representatives who are best equipped to assess the situation, and if needed, to intervene. If you observe concerning behavior please make a report so that qualified professionals can assess the situation and determine the appropriate response.

  • To report concerns about an MSU Denver student please file a CARE Referral.
  • To report concerns about a member of the MSU Denver faculty please contact the applicable Department Chair.
  • To report concerns about an MSU Denver staff member please contact Human Resources.

Reporting and Referrals

Contact Emergency Services

Report an Incident

Make a CARE Referral