Your role as a student in Academic Advising
You, the student, are responsible for selecting your classes & making sure they apply toward your degree program. Consult your major advising department and the MSU Denver Catalog at catalog.msudenver.edu for information.
As a MSU Denver student, your responsibilities include:
- making decisions about your college career. Your major, which classes you take and how well you perform in class are all up to you. Seek out the best information and always ask if you have questions.
- defining your personal educational goals. What do you want to get out of college? How long do you want to spend in college? What are your plans when you complete your MSU Denver degree?
- working to achieve your personal goals. College is challenging and requires a great deal of time, dedication and planning on your part. Take full advantage of campus resources like tutoring, faculty office hours and extracurricular activities to help you get the most out of your experience at MSU Denver.
Academic Advisors are responsible for:
- helping you make informed decisions about your college career.
- providing appropriate referrals so you can connect to campus resources.
- assisting you in defining and achieving your educational goals.
For additional information, consult this Advising Syllabus (PDF 611 KB)