STOP, Please Read:

 UNAUTHORIZED EMPLOYMENT WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) RECORD. ALWAYS contact your DSO prior to accepting employment, INCLUDING volunteer work.

Types of Employment

Social Security Number

If you are an F-1 or J-1 visa holder but are not employed, you are not eligible to apply for an SSN.

Any student who accepts and engages in employment must apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). You can find more information on our page!