Master of Health Administration Admissions
The MHA program accepts students to begin in both Fall and Spring semester. If interested in applying, please review the information below to prepare your application.
Fall Application Deadline
Application Deadline : April 1, 2024
Spring Application Deadline
Deadline date: Friday, November 3, 2023
**If you are a MSU Denver Health Care Management Major or Alumni who is graduating in December 2023 or has graduated with a 3.00 or higher GPA, please contact us at [email protected] for details on alternative application requirements. For these Individuals only the deadline for Spring 2024 is Thursday, November 30, 2023 **
MHA Admission Process
Each applicant must complete the Graduate Admissions Application . There is No Application fee until October 1, 2024.
** If you are a current student or alumni of the Health Care Management (HCM) program at MSU Denver, please contact Tracy Yacobellis at [email protected] before beginning your application! **
1. Research the MHA program and connect with our staff by booking an admission consultation appointment.
A. Review and submit the required materials application before the deadline.
B. Review these important application tips:
- Haven’t completed your essay? You can submit your application now and upload your essay and resume later.
- You can upload unofficial transcripts to the application to be used for the review process. However, for full admission to the program we will require all official transcripts be sent to MSU Denver.
- You can submit up to 5 references on the application, however, we require a minimum of 3.
- You must complete a short virtual admissions interview as part of the application. Once you have submitted your application, Please contact Tracy Yacobellis at [email protected] to schedule your interview.
3. Check your email frequently for important updates & events.
4. Reach out to the MHA staff for any questions or concerns at [email protected].
A. Once your application is completed, it will be reviewed by the admission committee. You will receive a decision by email.
B. Once admitted, set up your onboarding meeting with our staff, attend orientation and complete any admission requirements prior to the start of the term!
MHA Application Requirements
** If you are a current student or alumni of the Health Care Management ( HCM) program at MSU Denver, please contact Tracy Yacobellis at [email protected] before beginning your application! **
1. Bachelor’s degree is required in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
Submit official transcripts electronically from all colleges and universities attended to [email protected]
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required for admissions. However, if your GPA is below 3.0 please still apply as we review all of our applicants holistically.
2. Submit a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Your professional references should be work supervisors and/or professors who can offer evidence of your abilities to complete graduate level course work.
- Once you enter your references’ emails into the application, they will receive a request to complete an online survey. Your references can provide a reference letters with their reply as well, but a formal letter of recommendation is not required.
3. Submit a personal statement essay.
- The essay must be 3-5 pages in length and double spaced.
- Submit a well-developed essay that will help the MHA Admissions Committee evaluate your readiness for graduate education. The personal statement is a critical part of your admission application. In addition to the required criteria below, you have the option of including anything else you would like the MHA Admissions Committee to know about you.
Your essay must address each of the topics below:
- The significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a Master of Health Administration degree
- Your personal philosophy, values, and professional experiences
- Your career plans and focus in the field of health care
- Your strengths, unique characteristics, and leadership experiences that are relevant to the health care profession
- A time you were given critical feedback and your reaction
- Why you believe the MSU Denver’s MHA program is best suited for your educational and professional goals
- How you will manage the rigorous demands of graduate education
- If your GPA is below 3.00, provide an explanation as to the reason.
4. Complete a virtual admissions interview.
- Once all of your application materials have been submitted, you will be contacted by Tracy Yacobellis at [email protected] to schedule your virtual interview.
5. Submit your current resume.
6. Complete your application Graduate Admissions Application by the deadline. There is No Application fee until October 1, 2024.
MHA Program Prerequisite Courses
The MHA program requires prerequisite coursework, as listed below, to be completed with a “C” or better prior to the start of the program:
MHA Applicants may submit their application prior to completing prerequisite coursework but must complete the courses through an approved method prior to the start of the program.
Newly admitted MHA Students who have not satisfied one or more prerequisite courses may do so through online learning modules with Peregrine Academic Services.
- Each module takes 4–6 hours to complete.
- The current cost for each Peregrine module is $44. Cost is subject to change.
- Upon admission, you will receive detailed directions on how to access the Peregrine modules.
Tuition & Financial Aid
The approximate cost of the entire program is $27,000. This cost may vary due to MSU Denver Fees, changes in tuition and cost of books and materials.
Please reference the tuition and fees chart for more information.
Please visit our MHA Financial Support Webpage to learn more about scholarship & other financial supports available.
Contact Financial Aid for all your questions.
International Student Information
If you are an international student, please review the information below before proceeding with an application to the MHA program. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Please note: The MHA program cannot issue acceptances to international students who wish to obtain a form I-20 to enter the United States. The method in which MHA is currently offered does not meet the federal regulations for on-campus attendance. Students who wish to attend the program from their home country may do so as a Non-Citizen, seeking no visa.
- International transcripts must have an official English translation done by a certified translator (if applicable), and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. World Education Services or Education Credential Evaluators are recommended professional transcript evaluation service providers.
- To learn more about your eligibility, please reach out to the Office of International Studies by emailing [email protected] or visiting the registrar international student page.