Oct 2 - Nov 3
GRE Application Open
The goal of the Genomic Research Experiences for Undergraduates is to prepare and support students for graduate school and/or a career in genomic research. This includes providing high-quality research experiences, professional development opportunities, and mentorship while building a robust community of research scholars.
We are looking for enthusiastic students that are interested in Genomic Research!
Genomic Research Experiences students can enter the program as either a first-year scholar (Novice Scholar) or as a second-year scholar (Apprentice Scholar).
1. Knowledge Foundation
Required Coursework (16 credits)
· BIO 1080 General Biology I (3 Credits)
· BIO 1090 General Biology Laboratory I (1 Credit)
· BIO 3610 Genetics: Principles & Analysis (4 Credits)
· BIO 390U Genomic and Bioinformatics (3 Credits)
· MTH 1210 Introduction to Statistics (4 Credits)
· UC390 Foundations of Research (1 Credit)
2. Research Experiences
· Techniques Bootcamp (6 weeks)
· Three Lab Rotations over the first year
· Summer Immersive Research Experience
3. Professional Development Skills and Mentoring and Community Building
Weekly professional development/networking events.
This program aims to build scholars’ STEM identity in the pursuit of STEM graduate degrees and careers.
Application: Open October 2nd
Eligibility: This is an NIH funded program. You must fill all of these requirements: