MSU Denver

Welcome transfer students!

Have you applied to Metropolitan State University of Denver yet? If not, please visit the Metropolitan State University of Denver Admissions website to apply. You will request that your official transcripts be sent to MSU Denver during the application process.

Once accepted, your transcripts will be evaluated by a Transfer Evaluator. This will generate a transfer evaluation for you showing how your previous coursework will transfer into MSU Denver.

After receiving your transfer evaluation, make an appointment with an advisor in the Office of Social Work Student Services. You can schedule an appointment by calling our Welcome Desk at 303-615-0555 or via your Student Hub.

If you have any difficulty navigating the admissions or transcript evaluation process, please reach out to the Office of Social Work Student Services at [email protected]. Our staff members may be able to help you navigate the process.

Transferring in Social Work Courses

Incoming students who have taken social work courses at another college or university may have the coursework reviewed to apply to fulfill BSSW Program requirements.

To be considered, the courses must have been completed within a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). To have your courses reviewed for transferability, please email [email protected] with the names of the course(s) you want reviewed and a full syllabus for each course to be reviewed.

Transfer Student Resources

For more information on the general transfer process, please visit the Transfer Student website.

Before meeting with an advisor in the Office of Social Work Student Services, we recommend having a complete transfer evaluation. If you’re not ready to transfer yet or haven’t received your official transfer evaluation, we recommend requesting a preliminary transfer credit evaluation. To do so, email [email protected] and include the following information:

  • First and Last Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Date of Birth
  • Name of institutions for all transcripts to be evaluated
  • Copy of each transcript (unofficial is fine!)
  • Anticipated start term

Explore tools inlcuding the Transfer Credit portal in the Transfer Toolbox! See how credits from colleges and universities may transfer into MSU Denver.

Not ready to apply quite yet? You can start your checklist in the Transfer Portal to keep track of your next steps.

Recommended Steps to Transfer to MSU Denver

1. Request a preliminary transfer evaluation from Transfer Services (suggested timeline: one year prior to fall start of BSSW Program)

2. Schedule an advising appointment with the Office of Social Work Student Services by calling 303-615-0555 (after preliminary evaluation has been received)

3. Apply to MSU Denver (Make sure to apply for a summer start if prerequisites such as SWK 1010 or SWK 1600 need to be complete prior to beginning BSSW courses in the fall!)

4. Apply to the BSSW Program (spring semester prior to fall start of BSSW Program)

Community College Partnerships

Red Rocks Community College

Memorandum of Understanding: RRCC to MSU Denver MOU

Pikes Peak Community College

Transfer Agreement: PPCC to MSU Denver Transfer Agreement

Community College of Denver

Memorandum of Understanding: CCD to MSU Denver MOU

All Colorado Community Colleges

Transfer Agreement: General Transfer Guide AA to BSSW Program