Preparing to Receive Funding

Did you know that to be aid-eligible for many types of awards you need to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA)? That’s right! Financial aid does not just come in the form of loans, there are scholarships and other types of award money available to social work students, however funders often cannot find you if you have not filled out the FAFSA or CASFA.

The CASFA has replaced the Dreamer Student Application for Institutional Aid (DAIA). If you are a Dreamer, DACA, ASSET, or International student, please complete the CASFA to be eligible for state and institutional need-based aid.

Please make sure you complete a FAFSA or CAFSA for the 2023-2024 aid year. Keep in mind, you will need to have your 2021 tax information available for the FAFSA. Complete the FAFSA or CASFA as soon as possible! Some need-based awards have limited funds and the Office of Financial Aid begins to award eligible students based on the date the submitted these applications until the funds run out.


FAFSA Application:

CASFA Information:

CASFA Application:

MSU Denver Financial Aid and Scholarship Center:

Scholarships for the 2023-24 Academic Year

Workforce Development Stipend Programs for the 2023-24 Academic Year

Student Employment Opportunities

The Department of Social Work offers several types of student employment opportunities, including research and teaching assistant positions. Visit our website to learn more about these positions and their application processes: