Take the next step towards your educational and/or career goals with this great resource! The Graduate School Entrance Exam & Professional Licensure Program is a student fee funded resource that provides financial assistance for graduate school related fees (graduate school entrance exam or graduate school application fees) OR complete a certification/licensure course or exam that is directly related to their area of study or leadership position on campus.
Students are eligible to receive up to $400 through this program. These funds can be used for exam registration fees, graduate school entrance exam preparation courses, graduate school application fees, study guides, or fees for licensure or certification completion.
Program funds can be used for the following:
- Graduate school entrance exams (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.)
- Exam preparation courses (online, hybrid, or in-person)
- Graduate school application fees
- Professional licensure/certification exams
- Professional licensure/certification preparation courses
Program Guidelines & Eligibility
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at MSU Denver at the time of proposal submission.
- Applicants must apply at least 21 days prior to their exam/certification course date.
- Students are eligible to receive up to $400 through this program.
- Students may only receive funding once per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Funds will be held by the chair of the selection committee. If selected, you will work with the chairperson to schedule and pay for your exam.
- Funds will be awarded as they are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The program is funded on an annual basis, therefore fund availability will differ year to year.
- All students are encouraged to apply. However, those exhibiting financial need will have funding priority.
- Funds from this program are not eligible to be used for MSU Denver tuition.
How to Apply
Complete your research on which exam and/or licensure/certification course you would like to complete. Be sure to pay close attention to eligibility requirements, dates/deadlines for exams/courses, and cost.
Once the proposal form is submitted the funding committee will review your proposal within 3 business days. You will receive an email notification once a decision has been made.
Once funding is awarded, the next step is to work with the program administrator (Dave Bourassa, [email protected]) to purchase your exam or licensure/certification course
The Committee bases its funding allocations on the following:
- Thoroughness and quality of proposal materials and completion of all application requirements
- Personal goals and academic/career enrichment.
- How the proposed activity supports the educational mission of the institution
- Compliance with all MSU Denver and State of Colorado Fiscal Rules
- Availability of funds
Questions? Please contact Dave Bourassa, [email protected]
Overall this exam/certification will not only help me achieve an expansion of knowledge in something I am very passionate about, but help me further my career with the proper tools and help me provide the best possible training I can provide an individual that wants to change their life for the better.
Center for Multicultural Engagement and Inclusion (CMEI)
Student Travel & Professional Development Funding is a student fee funded program within the Center for Multicultural Engagement and Inclusion.
Questions? Contact CMEILearn More About CMEI