Program Overview

The Off-Campus Work Study program at MSU Denver is an option available to non-profit, government, and for-profit agencies that are not politically affiliated.

There are two types of allocations:

  • 1) non-profit and government off-campus agencies agree to pay 25% of a student’s wage, while the other 75% derives from the student’s federal work-study award.
  • 2) for-profit off-campus agencies agree to pay 50% of a student’s wage, while the other 50% derives from the student’s federal work-study award.  Agencies can apply at the link below.

Approved agencies may hire MSU Denver federal work-study students to work part-time in their organizations.  Work-study is allocated based on the financial aid package an individual student receives.  Please note that packages are unique to each student’s situation.  A student must indicate on their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) they are interested in work-study. Students may also contact our Financial Aid office and indicate their interest in work-study.

*Students who receive No-Need Work Study are not eligible to work off-campus through the work-study program.

Become an Off-Campus Work-Study Employer

Submit Icon

Submit Eligibility Application

1. Apply for eligibility— click the link below to fill out the application form. The C2 Hub will review your submission and get back to you within 48 hours.

Submit Eligibility Form Here
Two hands shaking

CareerLink Profile Creation & Registration

2. Create a Career Link profile—Career Link is the platform used to post your open positions and recruit candidates. Click the link below to register and create your profile.

Click Here to Sign Up for CareerLink

Ready to Hire Your Selected Off-Campus Work Study Student?

Please use the link below to provide the C2Hub with your selected student's information.

Hire My Off-Campus Work Study Student

Need Help with CareerLink Registration?

For more assistance with CareerLink and to view our employer help guide, please use this link.

Frequently Asked Questions about Off-Campus Work Study

Terms & Conditions for Hiring an Off-Campus Work Study Student

Questions about Off-Campus Work Study?

Email the Student Employment & Equity Team