MSU Denver

TREP (Teacher Recruitment and Educator Preparation) is a fifth and sixth-year high school program where students can take classes at MSU Denver tuition-free. Students can remain in their school district for two years following their 12th grade, attend classes at MSU Denver, and the school district will pay for the tuition. Students must:

  • follow the teaching career pathway
  • be on schedule to complete the courses and/or experiences specified in the teaching career pathway for the 12th grade year and enroll in postsecondary courses identified in the teaching career pathway for the fifth and sixth years
  • meet the minimum MSU Denver course prerequisites
  • meet their high school’s standards
  • and be selected by their high school for participation

Get started

How to enroll as a TREP student

  1. Complete your school’s TREP process and be selected by your school for TREP participation.
  2. Complete the MSU Denver Undergraduate Admissions Application.
  3. Complete the TREP Agreement form with your counselor. Submit your completed form to [email protected].
  4. Follow the My First Login instructions to access your MSU Denver email and student account. If you need assistance, contact the ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548.
    1. Using your NetID (the portion of your email before the and the new password, you can access your Student Hub. Through Student Hub, you can quickly access links to your email account, registration, Canvas Learning, advising, class schedules, grades, and tuition payment.
    2. We recommend you download and use the Microsoft Authenticator app to manage MSU Denver’s two-step account sign-in verification process.
  5. Register for orientation. All first-time college students must attend an orientation before registering for classes. You should register as soon as dates are available to secure your spot. Visit MSU Denver’s orientation website to register.
  6. Submit your official transcripts to admissions via the transcripts website.  While you may have been accepted to the University with your unofficial transcripts or scores, you are required to submit your official transcripts. These transcripts should have final grades.
  7. Meet with your Academic Advisor. Your advisor assists with your course selection for your intended major. If you are unsure of your major, make an appointment with the Undeclared/Exploratory Advisor. You can schedule an appointment through the advising website.
  8. Register for classes through the Student Hub website. Students must satisfy the minimum MSU Denver course prerequisites and meet the high school’s standards.
  9. Authorize the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend, which pays for a portion of in-state tuition on every course credit you take. Visit the COF website to authorize.
  10. Work with your school’s TREP coordinator to know if your school is purchasing textbooks. If you need to buy books, visit the Tivoli Station Bookstore website. Work with your school’s TREP coordinator if your school is purchasing textbooks. Visit Tivoli Station Bookstore website.
  11. Visit the Tivoli Station ID Station to obtain your student ID card and RTD Mobile CollegePass. You will need a government-issued ID and a copy of your fall semester schedule or tuition bill (you can show it on your phone).
  12. Plan to attend the half-day College Credit in High School TREP kickoff event in early August before fall classes begin.
  13. Pay your fees via your Student Hub or at the Cashier’s Office (located in the Jordan Student Success Building, Counter 5) by the end of the semester you are enrolled.

School partners

We’re proud to bring college credit classes to many school districts across the state, including:

  • Adams12 Five Star Schools
  • Aurora Public Schools
  • Boulder Valley School District
  • Cherry Creek School District
  • Collegiate Academy
  • Denver Public Schools
  • GOAL Academy
  • JeffCo Public Schools
  • Pinnacle Charter School
  • Two Roads Charter School
  • Westminster Public Schools

Contact us

Email us

Phone: 303-615-1234

Office Location:
Jordan Student Success Building
3rd Floor – #330
Auraria Campus

Mailing Address:
MSU Denver
Innovative and Lifelong Learning
P.O. Box 173362
Campus Box 6
Denver, CO 80217-3362