Thank you all for another successful and inspiring academic year at Metropolitan State University of Denver. As we enjoy the lull between the spring and summer semesters, I want to commend every employee for the ways you each support students in their journeys to Commencement. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to check out the videos and photos of the Commencement ceremonies. They are a great reminder of why our work at this University is so important. And knowing that so many graduates will put their degrees to use right here in Denver and across Colorado makes me very proud.
Health Institute Simulation Labs progress to date
I’m also proud to announce that design work on the Health Institute Simulation Labs Project is three weeks ahead of schedule, thanks to proactive planning by the project team. Additionally, many departments have already relocated to accommodate construction. Please reference the information below and these helpful flyers, which I encourage you to share within your team and to post within your spaces, as we can all help support communication around this significant project.
- Departments on the second floor of the West Classroom Building and the third floor of the Administration Building have moved.
- Construction is in progress on the second floor of the West Classroom Building.
- Construction will begin in June on the:
For more information, please see the regularly updated SharePoint site.
- May 22-August: West Classroom second-floor demolition
- June-October: Administration Building third-floor construction
- June-August: JSSB lobby ITS Service Desk construction
- November-June 2024: West Classroom Building second-floor and Central Classroom Building Suite 105 and Suite 220 construction
- March 2024-August 2024: AHEC Project B HVAC Upgrade, full closure of West and Central Classroom Buildings
New office and department locations and contact information
- The Office of the Controller has moved from JSSB 320 to Admin 450V.
- Please see the Office of the Controller – MSU Denver website for contact information.
- The Department of Health Professions will operate 100% remotely and will not maintain a physical location on campus for the duration of construction.
- The Teaching From Primary Sources office is now in Modular #01.
- The Office of International Studies is now in Modular #01.
- The Department of Nutrition is now in Modular #01.
- The Classroom to Career Hub has primarily relocated to JSSB 320, with a portion of the team on the second floor.
- The Center for Individualized Learning is now at 1027 9th Street Park.
- The Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology will operate 100% remotely and will not maintain a physical location on campus for the duration of construction.
- Please contact Andrea Borrego at [email protected] or visit the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology – MSU Denver website for contact information.
- The ITS in-person Service Desk will be closed for moving through May 19; however, phone and ticket services will be available. The IT Service Desk will reopen in the first-floor lobby of the JSSB on Monday.
- The Health Institute Administration team is now at 1027 9th Street Park.
All Roadrunners are invited to join Design Advisory Committee meetings. The next meeting is June 20 from 1-2 p.m.
Please submit any questions, feedback or requests to join the meeting to Martha Nelson, senior project manager for Facilities Planning, Design and Construction.
As a reminder to employees who will be closing up their offices and workspaces until August:
- Close your blinds to help minimize heat load.
- Shut off and/or unplug lights, computers and electronics.
- Clean up and remove all food items.
- Have a plan for your plants.
- The annual performance-review process has moved to Workday. Evaluations for full-time administrative-staff members will be completed directly in Workday by June 30.
- Please continue to visit the Workday Transformation SharePoint page for resources, including Job Aids on reviewing leave balances.
- Please attend the May 23 Professional Development Conference.
Thank you again for staying up to date on all the exciting things happening at MSU Denver.
Larry Sampler, chief operating officer, vice president for Administration