- Performance-management processes will be transitioning to Workday.
- Performance evaluations will move to Workday and be available June 1.
- Administrative staff will use Workday to complete performance evaluations this year.
- Performance-management workshops and training are planned to help employees navigate this change in Workday.
- A new leadership-development tool is coming soon: a leadership-competency framework.
Workday Phase II is underway. A priority of Phase II is to incorporate talent-optimization functionality into Workday with a focus on the performance-management process.
To support Metropolitan State University of Denver’s 2030 Strategic Plan Pillar V Goal to become one of Colorado’s most desired places of employment and to optimize talent processes and specifically performance-management practices, it is critical to empower employees to do their best work and allow leaders to lead at all levels.
Below is some important Workday Phase II information, including upcoming changes to current performance-management practices and what’s in store next.
Performance-management changes to note
- Beginning this year, parts of the performance-management process will be transitioning to Workday, starting with performance evaluations.
- Performance evaluations will be incorporated into Workday on June 1.
- Evaluations for full-time administrative staff members will be completed directly in Workday by June 30.
- All remaining employees should contact the below individuals for questions and/or details regarding their departments’ evaluation process for 2022-23:
- Performance Management Workshops will be available in May and June to support employees through the administrative staff performance-evaluation process in Workday and will review timelines and best practices.
How to prepare and what’s next
- Use available tools and resources. Employees should visit the Learning and Development SharePoint site for a host of resources and tools, including coaching templates and the SMART goal sheet to prepare for performance-evaluation conversations.
- Sign up for a Performance Management Workshop to learn more about performance-management best practices.
- Dates: May 11 and June 1
- Time: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Enroll and learn more: 2023 Performance Management | Learning (myworkday.com)
- Stay tuned for additional information regarding Workday Performance Evaluation training, including how to complete performance-management evaluations in Workday. Training details will be communicated as training plans are confirmed.
- FYI: A new talent-optimization tool is coming to Workday. To further align leadership skills and behaviors with goals and performance, a leadership-competency framework is planned as part of the Workday Phase II effort. More information about this leadership-competency framework will be available soon in the Early Bird. Stay tuned.
Employees are encouraged to follow the Early Bird for more Workday Phase II news and updates, including the new leadership-competency framework. For questions regarding the administrative staff performance-management process, please send an email to [email protected].
For more Phase II information, visit the MSU Denver Workday website.