Department of Psychological Sciences
Student Outcome Goals for the Department of Psychological Sciences
Upon completion of a degree program in psychological sciences, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge and comprehension of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, historical trends, and empirical findings to discuss how psychological principles apply to behavioral problems.
- Demonstrate the skills to apply scientific inquiry and critical thinking skills to interpret psychological phenomena and engage in innovative and integrative thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrate ethical and social responsibility in a diverse world by adhering to professional values even when working with those who do not share their heritage and traditions.
- Demonstrate competence in writing and oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate an application of psychology-specific content and skills, effective self-reflection, project-management skills, teamwork skills, and career preparation.