Required Documentation for All Degree Seeking Applicants
1. Submit and complete your online application by the priority deadlines:
- Spring Admission
- Domestic: First Monday of October
- International: September 1
- Fall Admission
- Domestic: First Monday of June
- International: May 1
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete.
2. Submit Official Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Applicants should send official, electronic transcripts to [email protected] from the issuing institution. Scanned copies, PDFs or photos sent by the applicant or any third party are not accepted.
- If electronic copies are not an option, please have your institution fax your official transcripts to the following number: 720-778-5845
- MSU Denver official transcripts, or transcripts previously submitted to the university, do not need to be re-requested. The application system will acknowledge MSU Denver records and/or previously submitted transcripts 8-10 business days after the application is submitted.
- International transcripts must also have an official English translation done by a certified translator and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants can view a full list of acceptable evaluation provider at NACES.org.
- The evaluation company should provide the official evaluation to [email protected] at the applicant’s request.
3. Submit one of the following Required Application Materials:
- Proof of a previously earned graduate degree (masters and/or doctorate)
- Send the Official Transcripts to [email protected].
- Email [email protected] if you are using a professional business license or certificate to ask how you can include this information with your application.
- A Professional Portfolio highlighting aspects of your professional experience sent to [email protected].
- Applicants providing the portfolio must have:
- a bachelor’s degree and
- document at least five (5) years of significant and progressive experience.
4. Submit both Required Supplemental Documents:
- Your detailed resume
- List of three (3) references
- These should be professional and/or academic references listed with contact information.
- Personal Statement / Essay
- The personal statement / essay is a critical part of your admission application and will be the basis for evaluation of your writing skills, capacity for self-awareness, and personal growth.
- Average length is between 2-5 pages.
- Please use a serif font (e.g., Times New Roman or Georgia), 12 point font, and double space.
- Address the following information in your essay:
- the significant factors influencing your decision to pursue an MBA degree,
- your relevant strengths, characteristics, and professional and leadership experiences,
- your career goals,
- why you believe the MSU Denver MBA program is best suited for your educational and professional goals, and
- how you will manage the rigorous demands of graduate education.
Applicants can submit updated materials any time before the admission deadline. Admission decisions are typically returned to applicants within 4-6 weeks of the deadline.
For more details on the essay, portfolio, or GMAT exam, please reach out to our MBA staff by email, [email protected].