More from this department:

How to Schedule an Advising Appointment

Schedule phone or virtual advising with your faculty or professional advisor.

Make your Appointment

Who is my Advisor?

Professional Advisor

A professional advisor can help you with:

  • Advising for major and minor requirements.
  • Advising on general studies for JMP majors.
  • Advising for overall academic policies and procedures.
  • Advising for basic degree requirements for graduation.
  • Removal of Orientation/Advising holds, 45-credit hour general studies holds, and 60-credit hour general studies holds.
  • Declaration of majors and minors.
  • Completion of Math peer study contracts and overrides for math courses (for eligible students).
  • Interpretation of Accuplacer test results for English and Math.

Faculty Advisor

A faculty advisor can help you with:

  • Careers/Internships/Job Search
  • Class Scheduling
  • Concerns related to a class I’m enrolled in
  • Can a course go toward my major? (Petition Degree Exception)
  • Declaring/Changing a Minor in JMP
  • Declaring/Changing Major in JMP
  • Degree Planning (General Studies and Core Classes in JMP)
  • Degree Planning (Minor in JMP)
  • Degree Planning (Upper Division Courses in JMP)
  • Department Hold
  • Prerequisite Override
  • Dropping/Withdrawing from classes
  • Explore a Major/Minor in JMP
  • Graduate School Information
  • Graduation Check
  • Information on a JMP class I’m interested in
  • Other Registration Errors
  • Support, Resources, and Counseling Referrals
Julia Keedy

Julia Keedy

Julia is an MSU Denver graduate who is the Academic and Professional Advisor for Journalism and Media Production (JMP). All students who have declared a major in JMP can schedule an appointment with Julia by selecting the Make Your Appointment icon on this page.

Transfer Students

The Department of Journalism and Media Production welcomes transfer students from any accredited college or university in the country and from community colleges throughout Colorado.

All transfer students should have their transcripts evaluated by the Transfer Services Office in the Student Success Building.

Once evaluated students will receive the following types of credit:

Equivalent Transfer Courses

Some JMP transfer courses transferred from the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) may have direct equivalents at MSU Denver. View the MSU Denver Transfer guides for a list of direct equivalencies.


Non-equivalent Transfer Courses

When a transfer course does not have an equivalent course at MSU Denver, lower division courses are assigned 8000 numbers and upper division courses are assigned 9000 numbers.

Students should meet with a faculty advisor in the Journalism and Media Production program to determine a specific major and whether any other transfer courses may be used in the major.