MSU Denver

See More From This Department:

CJC Advising

You can check the College of Health and Applied Sciences Advising website for detailed information on how to contact your advisor and get the most out of your appointment.

Degree Progress Report  – Degree Progress Report is an academic advising tool that students use in conjunction with their advisors throughout their academic careers. For more information on the Report, see here.

University Catalog  – The CJC Catalog is available on the University Catalog. When you meet with an advisor, get a copy of your Degree Progress Report and review the catalog to help you prepare for your appointment- come with specific questions. This will make for an efficient advising session and allows us to serve more of our students.

Registration Holds – There are many reasons that you may not be allowed to register, these can range from not providing immunization documentation to not completing your required Math course within 45 credits. If you have a hold on your account, check your Degree Progress Report to find more information about it or you can contact the College of Health and Applied Sciences Advising Office. If the hold is specific to the department, then you may meet with your department’s academic advisor.


If you have any criminal history and/or drug/alcohol/substance abuse history, you need to discuss this with academic advisors or CJC faculty members before starting CJC courses for your major. Many criminal justice organizations require a certain level of standards for their prospective employees and utilize background checks during the application process. Criminal justice agencies will not hire applicants with prior records regardless of offense types. In other words, having a CJC degree will not automatically resolve the issues of prior history. It is strongly encouraged for future students to double check this with academic advisors and/or faculty members.