The One World One Water Center is a collaboration between Metropolitan State University of Denver and Denver Botanic Gardens. The partnership presents a compelling opportunity to build on and expand joint initiatives on water issues. This will allow us to:
1) expand the reach and breadth of educational programs on water and environmental issues;
2) attract funding for joint research in these areas;
3) raise awareness of water and the environment through collaborative water stewardship.
This is a new, exciting, and creative step forward for the OWOW Center and we welcome you to join us.
The One World One Water Center strives to prepare an educated, empowered, solution-oriented Colorado citizenry to protect and preserve our precious water resources. MSU Denver fulfills the mission in three ways:
- Offer an interdisciplinary, hands-on Water Studies minor for students from diverse backgrounds and in any major;
- Provide co-curricular enrichment activities to the entire student population of the Auraria Campus, which includes MSU Denver, the University of Colorado – Denver, and the Community College of Denver;
- Enhance water stewardship on and beyond campus for the effective use of water resources.
The Water Studies Minor and Certificate will provide students with skills necessary to become more knowledgeable of Colorado’s limited water resources, and how to preserve this most precious resource.
"A good steward learns about our most precious natural resource - water, and reaches out to put that knowledge into action. Colorado's future will be shaped by our students, and their stewardship will determine the fate of our rivers, lakes and groundwater."
- Tom Cech, Director of the OWOW Center