Contest Liaison Role Description
- Recruit students through sharing of provided marketing materials, face-to-face student engagement, etc.
- Act as main point-of-contact for participating students at your institution
- 2+ check-ins with participating students throughout the 2023/2024 academic year
- Additional check-ins encouraged based on project need
- Complete mid-point check-in form on Your Water Your Life website by January 31, 2024
- Pre-submission check-in with students/teams shortly before April 1, 2024 submission deadline
- Provide guidance and resources to participants when needed
- Distribute necessary contest communication to participating students
- Maintain communication with the One World One Water Center
- Confirm commitment to Contest Liaison position to the One World One Water Center by August 31, 2023
In exchange for participation as a Contest Liaison and fulfilling related duties, a $1,000 donation will be made to participating institutions to support water education programming.
Estimated time commitment, 2023/2024 academic year: 5+ hours per participating student/team.
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- August 1, 2023: Applications Open
- November 30, 2023: Applications Due
- January 31, 2024: Midpoint Check Ins Completed
- January 31, 2024: Budget Requests Due
- April 1, 2024: Contest Deadline
- May 3, 2024: Award Date
- June 2024: Winners participate in the Watershed Summit
- Contestants may choose to enter the YWYL contest as an individual or as part of a team. Max of 4 per team unless otherwise requested.
- Contestants must review the Colorado Water Plan and Basin Implementation Plans and incorporate them into the YWYL project.
- Contestants must meet for a mid-point check in with their contest liaisons.
Eligibility- who can participate?
The Your Water Your Life Contest is open to all degree seeking, undergraduate and graduate students attending a higher education institution in Colorado.
Contest Scoring Rubric
Find the YWYL Contest Rubric Here