The Student Employment Program at Metropolitan State University of Denver is meant to provide students paid jobs to help alleviate a portion of their educational expenses. In addition, student employees will garner professional experience and develop leadership skills. By participating in the program, students contribute to the success of the institution and are considered valuable employees of MSU Denver.
Are you eligible for student employment?
- Students should be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Anyone under 18 should contact HR prior to being hired.
- Students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters, unless it is the last semester before the student graduates. International students must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours.
- For summer employment
- Work-Study Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to receive a work-study award.
- Hourly Student Employees are not required to be enrolled in classes, if enrolled for the fall semester.
- Students must also maintain a semester GPA of at least 2.0 to remain in the student employment program.
Please note that there are some other requirements if you are a GRADUATING STUDENT, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT or a STUDENT IN A GRADUATE PROGRAM.
How do you find a job?
Start out with the Student Employment Opportunities section. This section outlines the different employment opportunities available to students - work-study, student hourly, internships, and other opportunities for work-study jobs outside of MSU Denver at an authorized agency (CU Denver, Community College of Denver and more).
After you get a job, what are the next steps?
Getting Started will guide you through completing the correct employment packet, I-9 Form, how to submit your paperwork including supporting documents and provide you the onboarding videos.
If you have any questions regarding student employment please reach out to our student employment team.