HRSA Nutrition Scholars Program
In July 2020, the Department of Nutrition was awarded a $3.25 million Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program is designed to help cover college costs including tuition, fees, insurance, books, computer, supplies, and living expenses while pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition – Dietetics, Nutrition and Dietetics, or as an undergraduate student in the Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 program. Awards are available for low-income and/or first-generation college students enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits per semester) who demonstrate financial need through submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In addition to receiving funds to cover college costs, HRSA-Nutrition Scholars will participate in multiple program activities throughout the academic year.
As part of the HRSA grant, the Department of Nutrition offers undergraduate students studying dietetics at MSU Denver the opportunity to apply for the HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program which can award up to $40,000 per student per year.
The HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program application is currently open.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis while funds are available.
- Must be admitted to MSU Denver as an undergraduate student
- Must be declared as a Human Nutrition – Dietetics, Nutrition and Dietetics, or Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 major
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours)
- Must be a low-income and/or first-generation student
- Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA
How to Apply:
- Complete a current FAFSA application. FAFSA information is required for award consideration. Any application without FAFSA information will not be reviewed.
- Complete a general scholarship application. Students must first apply to the general scholarship application to receive access to the HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program application.
- Complete the HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program application. You will gain access to this application only after completing the general scholarship application above. As part of the HRSA-Nutrition Scholars Program application, you must thoroughly and thoughtfully answer the following items:
- Please describe anything that you think would help you be successful in the nutrition/dietetics program and graduate from MSU Denver. Types of help could include tutoring/study skills, career advice or opportunities to follow nutrition professionals at their work, volunteer opportunities, advice on internship/graduate school/job applications, student clubs, seminars on topics such as budgeting or time management, regular academic advising, and/or anything you think would help you be successful.
- Please describe your career goals after completing the nutrition/dietetics program at MSU Denver. Please include short-term goals (1-2 years after graduation) and long-term goals (3-5 years after graduation).
- How do you intend to use this scholarship if awarded?