How to apply to the M.S. in Cybersecurity
Important Dates and Deadlines for Application
- Our Fall 2022 application is now CLOSED.
- Please note: application processing may take up to 6 – 8 weeks after submission of complete application.
- After the April 15th deadline, applications will be accepted until May 15th for applicants that do not have a background/degree in CS/CIS/Cybersecurity/IT. If you have a background/degree in these areas, we will review those applications on a case by case basis after the May deadline provided that spaces are available.
- Please note the CYBM program at MSU Denver is fall-start only.
- At this time, we’re not accepting international applications for our M.S. degree. International applicants may only apply for our online certificates as we are not able to issue F1 visas.
CYBM Program Application Requirements
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in any discipline with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online Graduate Admission application
- $50 non-refundable application fee (for a limited time, the $50.00 application fee will be waived for CYBM applicants only).
- Official Transcripts sent directly from all colleges and universities attended. *MSU Denver official transcripts are waived. Send transcripts to [email protected]
- 1-2 Page Personal Statement/Essay
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Professional reference contact information
- Many factors influence the success of a graduate student, factors such as an applicant’s maturity, motivation, employment history, work experience and other accomplishments will also be considered in making admission decisions. All applicants are considered on an individual basis
- Having a solid groundwork upon which the rest of the program can build a distinct body of knowledge in a technology discipline is vital
- Students will need to have formal exposure to the core areas of computer technology, computer science and computer information systems
- If applicant’s undergraduate degree is in an area outside of Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and other similar degrees, they will be required to enroll in a summer course (Principles of Cybersecurity) as part of the admission requirements and before beginning the CYBM program
- Occasionally, a student’s demonstrated work experience may be sufficient to waive this course
- No placement test is required
- For more information on graduate program application processes, visit the Office of Graduate Studies page.