Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
Welcome to the Criminal Justice and Criminology Department!
Criminal justice and criminology is a fast-growing field where students can explore the functions of, and interactions among, police, courts, and corrections systems. Class offerings are a varied blend of theoretical examination and practical application, ranging from human behavior and social structure to management principles and supervisory skills. The Criminal Justice and Criminology Department recognizes that each of us is a teacher as well as a student. It operates as a diverse community that embodies passion, commitment, civility, integrity, and mutual respect. The CJC faculty and staff provide opportunities for collaboration, renewal, and scholarship in academic preparation for responsible, equitable and moral administration of justice.
The CJC faculty are committed to leadership in the community and to examination and assessment of the criminal justice paradigm. See Criminal Justice and Criminology for general information on the department.
From fall 2018 semester, the CJC department houses the B.S. in Cybersecurity major. The B.S. in Cybersecurity is a social science based B.S. major, providing students with the knowledge and practical skills of computer crime, information systems solutions, proper seizure and recovery of comput-er evidence. For more information, see here.
Crime Stoppers Next-Gen
- Metro Denver Crime Stoppers Next-Gen is looking for students who are committed to the goals of Crime Stoppers. For more information, see the attached files. Crime Stoppers
Of the People
- A new student group is looking for officers and members to "put unity back into community." See Of the People for details and contact email@example.com for any questions.
- Independence House Fillmore, a Residential Dual-Diagnosis Treatment Center Halfway House in Denver, is looking for a part-time security technician. This can be a great experience for anyone interested in getting into the law enforcement field ($15 per hour). If you're interested in this position, contact Conor Techentien at 303-321-1718 (ex. 1), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denver Sheriff's Department is hiring! More information can be found in the attached file. Denver Sheriff 2018 Hiring
- Check here for other opportunities.
CJC is on Facebook! "Like" us at: