Skip to main content Skip to main content

Admissions, Advising and Transfer

Admission to the university is all that is required for admittance to the art major.

All students entering the department as majors are admitted under either the B.A. in Art or the B.A. in Art History, Theory, and Criticism. After completing the foundation courses and one other course in ART, CDES (Communication Design) or ARTH (Art History), those wishing to pursue the B.F.A. in Art, the B.F.A. in Art Education, or the B.F.A in Communication Design will be required to pass a formal portfolio review for admittance into those programs. A G.P.A of 2.5 at the time of portfolio review is required for admittance for the B.F.A. in Art and B.F.A. in Art Education. A G.P.A of 3.0  at the time of portfolio review is required for admittance for the B.F.A. in Communication Design. 

The Metropolitan State University of Denver does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities.


Admissions Information:

To learn more about admissions requirements and deadlines at Metropolitan State University of Denver, please visit the Office of Admissions website. 

Advising Appointments:

For an advising appointment with the Department of Art, call 303-615-0300

Transfer Students:

Transfer students are welcome. In many cases, courses taught in Department of Arts at other accredited colleges and universities can be incorporated into the art program.

The Office of Transfer Services offers assistance to students transferring from other institutions to Metropolitan State University of Denver. Specific services provided include the following:

  • Assistance with admission requirements and the application process;

  • Guidance on selecting appropriate transferable courses;

  • Preliminary transcript evaluation;

  • Transfer student scholarship information;

  • Referral assistance to academic departments;

  • Resolution of transfer course issues.

Transfer counselors are available by appointment and for walk-in counseling. Counselors work closely with transcript evaluators to provide students with information about transfer credits and how those credits may be applied to their degree programs. General questions regarding a transfer evaluation or preliminary evaluation should be referred to the Office of Transfer Services, Jordan Student Success Building, First Floor, 303-556-3774.

Edit this page