Office of the Bursar
Welcome to the Office of the Bursar
What we do:
The Office of the Bursar assists students in the following areas of their academic pursuits:
- Provide accurate billing statements for students
- Educate students about their financial rights and responsibilities
- Offer payment options and payment plans when applicable
- Provide explanation and answer student's questions about their tuition, fees, and other charges on the student's account
- Process refunds
- Process invoices and payments for sponsored students, including veteran and military students
- Provide students with 1098-T Tax forms
June 5, 2020
At this time MSU Denver will not asses any service charges on outstanding accounts until further notice. If you can, we still suggest for you to continue making partial payments or pay your account in full by the payment deadline above.
Unpaid accounts for Spring 2020 are considered past due. A balance due hold will remain active on all accounts with balances greater than $2000.00.
The health and safety of the Roadrunner Community continues to take priority as MSU Denver is diligently monitoring the emerging cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Colorado. For the most up-to-date information on campus and the coronavirus visit msudenver.edu/coronavirus-update
Please note: Our front counter will be closed to visitors beginning Tuesday, March 17th, however our office will continue to provide student support services via phone and email. Please see below for more info:
Need to contact us? The Office of the Bursar will remain accessible to you, regardless of your location (or ours!) You can continue to call or email us.
- Our phone number is: 303-615-0070
- Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if I can’t finish my classes this semester?
A: Please contact our office before making modifications to your class schedule so we can assist you in making the most beneficial and informed decisions for your individual situation.
Q: Can I talk to a representative one-on-one?
A: Yes! Our representatives will continue to be available for one-on-one assistance via email or phone.
Q: Your office has requested I complete a document or form. How can I get it to you?
A: Forms can always be submitted via email to email@example.com. After ink signing the form, please scan or photograph the document and ensure it (and any required documentation) is formatted as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file. Then mail the form to:
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Office of the Bursar
PO Box 173362
Campus Box 92
Denver, CO 80217
Q: How will mandatory fees be handled in the summer 2020 semester, since most of the classes are going to be online?
A: The RTD Pass Feee will NOT be charged for summer 2020 courses. As far as the rest of the mandatory fees, it depends:
- Some courses that were originally scheduled as face-to-face, on campus courses will be taught online, but synchronously – meaning, you will log on and learn “live” during the same block of time your course was previously scheduled. Students in these courses will pay the same fees they would have paid as a face-to-face student.
- Some courses that were originally scheduled as face-to-face, on campus courses will be taught online, but asynchronously – meaning you will not meet at specific times, but will need to meet certain deadlines that your faculty instructor sets. Students in these courses will pay online student fees, plus the Mental Health Fee.
- Students registered in courses that were originally scheduled to be online will continue to pay online student fees, as well as the Mental Health Fee.
- For more information, please refer to a COVID-19 Updates & Resources publication from April 2, 2020: https://www.msudenver.edu/coronavirus-update/resource-documents/summer-classes-online-faq/
Are you still waiting for your financial aid refund check? Click the banner below to sign up for direct deposit today!
Do you have questions about your direct deposit? Contact Cashier's Office or visit the FAQ page to learn more.