Electronic Personnel Action Forms - ePAF
The Human Resources department, in collaboration with Metropolitan State University of Denver members from Information Technology Services, Payroll, Budget and various departments across campus, has been working on improving and automating processes. As a result, HR has automated the Personnel Action Form to increase speed and efficiency and improve data integrity to make changes to employee records. Banner has the functionality to allow supervisors or delegates to submit these forms electronically via the new Electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF). This change benefits all University members, especially with our current remote working environment.
What is ePAF?
ePAF stands for Electronic Personnel Action Form, it is the final streamlined solution for many hiring processes that are/were taking place using various other systems. ePAFs for different hire types will be rolled out as they are completed. Information about each implementation will be listed on this page.
Here are some of the primary features/tools that ePAF provides to improve the hiring experience for colleges/departments:
- Data Validation - verifies employee data entered is correct and will pre-populate fields where appropriate
- Name Search - ability to input netID or search for the ID through a name look-up feature
- Rehire into the previous position – easily rehire incumbents into the same job within the same department
- Date validation – based on the type of hire, the system will validate the date to reduce errors
- Reduced approval routing steps
- Tracking of actions - track hiring actions submitted by you. No more paper copies to retain!
IMPORTANT DATES: After September 10th, 2020, paper action forms will no longer be processed. This includes:
- Hires, Transfers, Rehires for all employee classifications
- Changes to the FOAPAL, Hourly Rate, Job Title and Supervisor
- Secondary Jobs, Salary Supplements, Student Service Stipends
If you are interested in registering for ePAF training, please click here - https://www.msudenver.edu/hr/