Beginning in 2022, the Metropolitan State University of Denver Network Infrastructure Team has worked to improve the University’s network infrastructure to help attract, prepare, and graduate students who are equipped to succeed in the 21st century.
Phase I was completed in the end of 2022, and the final step of Phase II wrapped up Aug. 14 with improvements to the Science Building.
To provide an enhanced Wi-Fi experience to all students and employees who use these buildings, the project has:
- More than doubled the Wi-Fi density in each building, which has expanded the Wi-Fi range for fewer signal drops and disconnects.
- Created faster speed to respond to network request.
- More secure, stable and reliable network.
- Newer wireless technology that is easier to deploy and manage, a single place to manage thousands of devices, and scalable.
- Installed 699 new access points and 167 switches in 28 closets across four buildings.
- Stayed within timeline and budget.
Phase III updates
ITS has ordered equipment and is in the planning phases to upgrade Plaza Building, Administration Building and West Classroom Building. ITS is working with Auraria Higher Education Center, the MSU Denver Facilities team and building stakeholders to determine a timeline that minimizes the impact on daily operations.