Equivalency for Transfer Credit

Metropolitan State University of Denver accepts coursework from regionally accredited higher education institutions. Individual courses MAY transfer as direct equivalents or as electives.

If you have a question about a specific course, please contact the Office of Transfer Services at 303-556-3774 or send an email to [email protected].

To help students ease the transfer process and help them identify which of their courses will transfer, MSU Denver has partnered with Transferology. You can create an account or login to your account here!

(If your question involves several transfer courses, please list all the courses in your email.)


Transfer Guidelines:

How will courses transfer to MSU Denver?

Transfer Equivalency for Prospective Students

MSU Denver is committed to being a top destination for transfer students. We are excited to be part of the Transferology network to provide clarity about how courses transfer to MSU Denver. We encourage students to use Transferology as the main tool to investigate how courses will transfer. Once students are admitted to MSU Denver official transfer evaluations are completed and equivalent credit is awarded.

Check out Transferology as the first place to see how your courses will transfer. When you are admitted please send us all transcripts from schools you previously attended. This includes transcripts from college credit bearing options you may have taken while still in high school. Email [email protected]  if you have questions.

Transfer Equivalency for Admitted Students

Students who are admitted to MSU Denver will receive an official transfer after they have sent in official transcripts. The results of the transfer evaluation are available in the Degree Progress Report which can be access in the MSU Denver Student Hub under the Web Services section. Questions about the transfer evaluation and for any course approvals please contact an academic advisor for assistance with this process. Email [email protected] if you have questions.

Transfer Equivalency for MSU Denver Staff/Faculty

Transferology Lab provides MSU Denver faculty and staff the ability to see how courses can transfer to MSU Denver without the need for Banner access and training. You will need a Transferology Lab account to view this information, but once in the information is easy to view. For Transferology Lab account access please use the account request link.