Please consider applying or nominating a fellow faculty member to apply for this recognition of the outstanding efforts faculty make. Applications for the 2022-2023 Award will open in the spring.
There are four awards, each for $1,500:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure track award must be full-time faculty and have taught a full load or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of 2021-2022. Applicants for the full-time temporary and part-time faculty award must have taught classes during both semesters of 2021-2022. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating on-line and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must have been received by the deadline for full consideration.
A complete application will include the following:
- Complete SRIs from 2020-2021 calendar year Fall and Spring, or Spring 2021 and Fall 2021
- Syllabus from one class;
- Guidelines for one assignment;
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and location of classes;
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student.
Please direct questions to [email protected].