Center for Individualized Learning
What is the Individualized Degree Program?
MISSION: The Individualized Degree Program (IDP) at MSU Denver offers students the opportunity to propose a major or minor specifically designed to meet their educational goals if those goals cannot be met by formal curricula described in our catalog. The IDP also serves as an incubator for new academic programs at the University, allowing the University to respond quickly to changing needs in the community and workplace.
The Center for Individualized Learning promotes:
- Academic Integrity
The IDP program offers students the opportunity to propose an interdisciplinary major or minor specifically designed to meet their educational goals if those goals cannot be met by formal curricula described in the MSU Denver catalog.
- Critical Thinking
The IDP program supports students to be well-educated, critically-thinking community members who contribute and participate to society in meaningful ways.
- Transformative Learning
The IDP program provides students with the opportunity to develop a unique, individualized program of study (major or minor) that encourages students to become agents of their own learning today and in the future.
The Individualized Degree Program will help you to:
- Design an educational program to meet your specific educational needs and goals
- Achieve excellence in your chosen field of study
- Increase your capacity for commitment, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Become a more confident and capable self-directed, lifelong learner
- Understand, synthesize, and apply perspectives and information from diverse fields of study
- Link theory and practice, integrating learning gained in the classroom with experience gained in the workplace and community