Accommodated Testing Guidelines
- Students are asked to schedule their exam at least three (3) business days in advance. Business days are defined as Monday through Friday, and do not include holidays or weekends.
- EXAMPLE: The class is scheduled to take an exam on a Wednesday. The student needs to schedule their exam no later than the Friday before.
- Arrive at the Access Center on time for your test. Students who arrive late must finish by their scheduled end time.
- Show a valid photo ID when checking-in.
- Cell phones, smart watches, and all other electronic devices must be turned OFF and placed in a locker before your test.
- The Access Testing Center can provide scratch paper, but students are responsible for all personal test materials, such as scantrons, calculators, etc.
- Food is prohibited in the testing areas. Students who have food related accommodations will be allowed to take breaks during the test to eat in the lobby of the Access Center
- Beverages are allowed in the testing areas.
- Students are expected to abide by the Student Conduct Code: Academic dishonesty includes, but is not limited to: plagiarism, cheating, or fabrication. Any student observed utilizing or attempting to utilize any unauthorized resource during an exam will be reported to the Student Judicial Officer and their professor. Testing is monitored by cameras with recording capabilities and by Access Center staff.
- If a restroom break is necessary, the student must package and return their exam to the front desk and utilize the nearest restroom facility. The time will be marked and cannot be made up.
- If a student does not show up for a test, the instructor will be notified.
- The Access Center requires direct approval from the professor to reschedule an exam: via phone or email.
- Students are responsible for coordinating the rescheduling of missed exams.
- Unannounced (pop) quizzes/tests can be accommodated at the Access Center. Please contact our office to arrange this.
- If you have any questions about our testing rules or policies, please email us at [email protected] or call (303) 615-0199
The Access Center utilizes a web-based scheduling system for students to schedule their accommodated tests. This will allow you to schedule your tests independently any time of the day or night. Please schedule your tests at least three (3) business days before the scheduled test date. A friendly reminder that business days DO NOT include weekends.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR TEST:
- Go to www.msudenver.edu/access, select the Current Students button, then select the Schedule an Accommodated Exam in the Quick Links.
- Read the next page and follow the directions.
- Log in.
- You will need to use your MSU Denver login. If you don’t know your login, or are having difficulty, please contact IT at (303) 352-7548 or visit them in WC 241 or AD 475.
- Select Course: From the drop down menu of your current courses.
- Class Test Date & Time:
- This is the time your class is scheduled to take the test. If you cannot test at the same time as the class, you must discuss options with your professor before scheduling.
- PLEASE NOTE: When filling out “Class test duration” put the time the class is allowed. If you have approved extended time, it will automatically be added to the class time.
- Choose Accommodations: Check the accommodations you would like for your test.
- Select your test time: You will be given one, or a few options of when to take your test. Please keep in mind our testing hours (listed at the top of this page).
- Confirm and complete: Confirm, then submit the test request.
Once you have submitted your request, an automated email will be sent to your professor to approve the time/date you have selected. Your professor has the ability to make changes to your request.
You will receive an email confirmation after scheduling your exam. If you do not receive a confirmation email, the test was not scheduled. Go back and schedule the test if you do not get an email within the next few minutes. Please look over that email and contact the Access Center Testing Office at (303) 615-0199 if there are any issues with your confirmed time/date.
Hours of Operation
Main Office: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Accommodated Testing: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm