Welcome to the MSU Denver Honors Program
Students in MSU Denver's Honors Program enjoy the benefits of a small community of engaged learners and exciting, dynamic instructors, while still having access to the substantial resources of MSU Denver and its vibrant, urban campus.
The Honors Program delivers an enriched and stimulating education to highly motivated and intellectually curious students by offering interdisciplinary and challenging courses that will provide students with a holistic view of the world. The Honors Program experience affords students the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge and skills that will prepare them to exercise a higher level of critical thinking, to communicate with various and diverse audiences, and to successfully engage local, national, and global communities.
Mission – The MSU Denver Honors Program is designed to challenge, develop and cultivate students with high academic potential, intellectual curiosity, and dedication to academic pursuits. This is accomplished through a challenging curriculum, a requirement for extracurricular activities, and a collection of student services that support student success.
Vision – The MSU Denver Honors Program will become one of the preeminent Honors Programs in the Rocky Mountain Region, known for engaging a highly diverse group of students in innovative curriculum and nurturing civically-engaged, intellectually curious leaders.
- Expand the population of the program while serving the diverse MSU Denver population.
- Faculty and students will be empowered to take an active role in the development of curriculum and extracurricular programming.
- Create cohesive experiential learning opportunities to allow Honors students to apply their skill sets to real world situations.
- Honors students will routinely be recognized for their high academic achievement, and regularly compete for prestigious scholarships and awards.
- Obtain funding to allow for a substantial number of regular scholarships, thereby allowing the program to attract, retain and graduate high-achieving students from the Metro Denver region.
- Increase student awareness and participation in study abroad and international studies.