MSU Denver Honors Program
An individually tailored program
The Metropolitan State University of Denver Honors Program is a community of highly motivated and academically adventurous students and faculty members dedicated to working together to attain new levels of achievement.
This is an innovative program that allows students to achieve the Honors Program credential by completing an individually tailored combination of both academic courses and co-curricular honors options.
The Honors Program is designed to develop in our students the ability to apply critical and creative thinking as well as conduct high-quality research and creative work. Honors students also learn to integrate a variety of disciplines in their approach to a given project, demonstrate civic and intercultural knowledge and engagement, and reflect critically upon their values and the learning process.
Students who enroll in Honors should expect a challenge that stimulates curiosity and research while broadening perspectives in unexpected ways.
Open to new, continuing, and transfer students in all majors, the Honors Program provides an enriching academic experience for motivated students with broad academic interests. Designed to promote independent thought and creative inquiry, the majority of honors credits are earned in conjunction with your degree program—not as additional hours.
Students in the MSU Denver Honors Program enjoy the combined benefits of a small community of engaged learners and dynamic instructors, while also having access to the substantial resources of MSU Denver and its vibrant urban campus.
- Supportive community
- Access to the Honors House and its many resources
- Priority registration
- Exciting interdisciplinary honors courses
- Small classes
- Additional advising and academic support
- Improved placement rates for graduate and professional school
- Undergraduate research opportunities such as Honors Senior Project
- Funding for local, regional and national conference travel opportunities
- Work closely with primary advisor for senior project
- Recognition at graduation and honors designation on transcripts