Department of Modern Languages
Study Abroad Trip
Be part of a 4-week, intensive French program in Vichy, at the Cavilam-Alliance Française school. The goal is to study the French language in an authentic setting, interacting both socially and culturally with French speaking people.
When, where and how much?
- May 31st to June 29th, 2020
- Vichy, at the Cavilam-Alliance Française school
- Estimated cost is $4,600 (see below for details)
Vichy is an ideal city for discovering the French way of life in an authentic, picturesque region. Its mansions and Art Nouveau opera house combine with the reputed powers of its mineral springs, the appeal of the Allier river and the promise of long walks through leafy parks dating back to the time of Napoleon III. It is a perfect starting point for excursions into Auvergne and throughout France, and it is only 3 hours by train from Paris. Vichy is roughly the size of Fort Collins.
The CAVILAM-Alliance Française school has become a global benchmark with an international reputation for its innovative approach to teaching, attracting nearly 5,000 students every year from over 120 nationalities. It is located in a superb setting close to the city center. It offers high-quality instruction and it is equipped with exceptional technological resources.
What does the program includes?
This program includes
- 6 French Language credits through MSU Denver.
- 4 weeks of language courses at the Cavilam school, 20 hours a week. All levels are available.
- Housing in a French family. Breakfast and dinner are included. This means that you will communicate in French all day long and that your linguistic abilities will improve greatly from the first day!
- Cultural activities and weekend excursions, tastings, etc.
- Two days in Paris (June 26-29)
- Administration fees
What is included in this price?
- Registration for 6 MSU Denver credits in French Language
- 4 weeks of intensive French courses at Cavilam (20 hours a week)
- Accommodation in a French family while in Vichy
- Breakfast and dinner
- Cultural program and excursions
- Transfer by train Paris-Vichy-Paris
- 2 hostel nights in Paris
What is not included?
- Travel insurance (approx. $75)
- Passport, if you do not have one yet ($165)
- Airfare Denver-Paris (approx. $1200-$1700)
- Lunches in Vichy ($5-8 a day)
- Personal expenses ($150 per week)
Please contact Jean-François Duclos - email@example.com