Required Documentation for all Degree-Seeking applicants
1. Submit your online application by, or before, the application deadlines above, by submitting the following:
- Fillable information about yourself
- List of three (3) academic and/or professional references
- No reference letters needed!
- This is just listing their names, emails, job titles, and a note as to how they are connected to you (for example – current professor)
- No application fee for domestic applicants until October 1, 2024!
- International applicants seeking or holding a student visa are required to submit a $50 non-refundable application processing fee.
2. Submit Official Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Applicants should send official, electronic transcripts to [email protected] from the issuing institution. Scanned copies, PDFs or photos sent by the applicant or any third party are not accepted.
- If electronic copies are not an option, please have your institution fax your official transcripts to the following number: 720-778-5845.
- MSU Denver official transcripts, or transcripts previously submitted to the university, do not need to be re-requested. The application system will acknowledge MSU Denver records and/or previously submitted transcripts 8-10 business days after the application is submitted.
- International transcripts must also have an official English translation done by a certified translator and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants can view a full list of acceptable evaluation provider at NACES.org.
- The evaluation company should provide the official evaluation to [email protected] at the applicant’s request.
3. Submit Proof of Completion of one of the following items:
- GMAT score: Your official GMAT score report sent directly from GMAT.
- Applicants can register for the GMAT at mba.com.
- Admissions under this method is based on your GMAT score and GPA. We calculate an index score using this formula: [(GPAx200) + GMAT]
- If your index is below 1000, you do not qualify to be reviewed for admission.
- Licensure: Official proof of licensure or examination sent directly from the issuing institution, organization, etc.
- Graduate Degree: Apply with a previous master’s degree or Ph.D. See section 2, above, regarding sending transcripts.
- Accounting Coursework Assessment: The program offers GMAT waivers for students that show success in undergraduate accounting courses. Reach out to us at [email protected] for further details.
4. Submit Required Supplemental Documents:
- Your detailed resume
- Personal Statement/Essay
- The essay should address:
- the significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a Master of Professional Accountancy degree;
- your personal philosophy, values, and professional experiences;
- your career plans and focus in the field of accounting;
- your strengths, unique characteristics, and leadership experiences that are relevant to the accounting profession;
- a time you were given critical feedback and your reaction;
- why you believe MSU Denver’s MPAcc program is best suited for your educational and professional goals; and
- how you will manage the rigorous demands of graduate education.
An Accounting Department Graduate Programs team member will confirm via email once your GMAT scores are received by the MPAcc program.
Email [email protected] to clarify if you meet GMAT Waiver criteria.