Required Documentation for all Degree-Seeking applicants
1. Submit and complete your online application by, or before, the following deadlines:
- Spring Admission
- Domestic: Third Monday in November
- International: September 1
- Summer Admission
- Domestic: First Third Monday in April
- International: February 1
- Fall Admission
- Domestic: Third Monday in July
- International: May 1
- Please note, a $50 nonrefundable application fee must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete.
2. Submit Official Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Applicants should send official, electronic transcripts to [email protected] from the issuing institution. Scanned copies, PDFs or photos sent by the applicant or any third party are not accepted.
- If electronic copies are not an option, please have your institution fax your official transcripts to the following number: 720-778-5845.
- MSU Denver official transcripts, or transcripts previously submitted to the university, do not need to be re-requested. The application system will acknowledge MSU Denver records and/or previously submitted transcripts 8-10 business days after the application is submitted.
- International transcripts must also have an official English translation done by a certified translator and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants can view a full list of acceptable evaluation provider at NACES.org.
- The evaluation company should provide the official evaluation to [email protected] at the applicant’s request.
3. Submit Proof of Completion of one of the following items:
- GMAT score: Your official GMAT score report sent directly from GMAT.
- Applicants can register for the GMAT at mba.com.
- Admissions under this method is based on your GMAT score and GPA. We calculate an index score using this formula: [(GPAx200) + GMAT]
- If your index is below 1000, you do not qualify to be reviewed for admission.
- Licensure: Official proof of licensure or examination sent directly from the issuing institution, organization, etc.
- Graduate Degree: Apply with a previous master’s degree or Ph.D. See section 2, above, regarding sending transcripts.
- Accounting Coursework Assessment: The program offers GMAT waivers for students that show success in undergraduate accounting courses. Reach out to us at [email protected] for further details.
4. Submit Required Supplemental Documents:
- Your detailed resume
- List of three (3) references
- Personal Statement/Essay
- The essay should address:
- the significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a Master of Professional Accountancy degree;
- your personal philosophy, values, and professional experiences;
- your career plans and focus in the field of accounting;
- your strengths, unique characteristics, and leadership experiences that are relevant to the accounting profession;
- a time you were given critical feedback and your reaction;
- why you believe MSU Denver’s MPAcc program is best suited for your educational and professional goals; and
- how you will manage the rigorous demands of graduate education.
An MSU Denver admission counselor will confirm via email once your GMAT scores are received by the MPAcc program.
Email [email protected] to clarify if you meet GMAT Waiver criteria.