- To create a formal network between JTOH students and K-12 students state wide.
- To support youth through rigorous interdisciplinary academic competitions designed to challenge and inspire young minds.
- To embrace and promote diversity by extending high school teachers’ ability to teach a more culturally inclusive curriculum, facilitate the infusion of cultural and historical contributions of Latina/o/x and other ethnicities. In addition, providing avenues for the success of all students in order to increase achievement by engaging in culturally relevant activities.
- To engage, collaborate and work with the community by building relationships with program administrators, community organizations, schools and potential partners who desire to participate in the program.
- To prepare JTOH college mentors to take leadership roles in local, regional, national and international community-based organizations.