TRIO High School Upward Bound Program
About TRIO Upward Bound at MSU Denver
The Upward Bound program consists of two components:
Academic Year Component (Sept – May)
- UB participants are required to come to MSU Denver’s campus twice a week to attend academic classes, receive tutoring support, and individualized advising. Programming runs Monday – Thursday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Students are given a warm meal as well as bus tickets to get to and from campus.
- Students are also required to attend monthly cultural and educational activities that take place outside of normal programming hours (Friday’s, weekends, DPS holidays, etc.).
- Participants have the opportunity to receive a $40 monthly stipend based on attendance and participation in programming.
Summer Component (June – July)
- UB participants are required to participate in an extensive on campus six-week summer program that consists of rigorous academic classes, on-campus paid internships, and cultural, educational, and social events.
- Students come to MSU Denver’s campus during a six-week period, Monday – Friday. Breakfast and lunch are provided every day as well as a monthly bus pass to get to and from campus. Monday – Thursday programming consists of rigorous academic courses and on-campus paid internships. Programming runs from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Friday programming consists of variety of educational, cultural, or social events and the hours vary.
- Participants have the opportunity to receive a $60 monthly stipend based on attendance and participation.
Bridge Program –
- The Bridge program is designed for graduated seniors preparing for post-secondary enrollment. The program includes an opportunity to enroll in 1-2 college courses, an on-campus internship, intrusive advising, and topical workshops.