As the Auraria Higher Education Center prepares for Phase III of the Auraria Secure Campus Initiative, Metropolitan State University of Denver has developed several new resources to support the transition and build a culture of campus ID-badge use.
“The safety and well-being of our employees, students and other members of the campus community are our top priority,” said Larry Sampler, chief operating officer. “MSU Denver, AHEC and our campus partners are constantly working to ensure that the campus and its facilities are safe and secure, while also ensuring that all our community members have the efficient access they need to work and learn.”
Phase III changes
On Oct. 2, all exterior entrances on all campus buildings will operate under one of three categories of access:
- Limited entry
- Campus ID-Badge entry only
Next steps for all Roadrunners
Students and employees are strongly encouraged to carry their campus ID badges at all times while on campus. Roadrunners can also pick up MSU Denver-branded lanyards at the Jordan Student Success Building welcome desk.
Next steps for employees
As new AHEC Phase III signage will include a link to the MSU Denver A to Z Directory, departments and offices must confirm that their listed location and contact information is correct. If the information is incorrect departments and offices should contact their team’s web author to make edits as soon as possible.
Visitor ID badges now available
Visitor ID badges are best used for temporary guests such as vendors, contractors and other visitors.
- Visitor ID badges do not have a photo or 900 number associated with them but are given sequential numbers for each requesting department.
- Departments can request a bank of visitor ID badges to be printed from the Tivoli ID Station using the Visitor ID Badge Printing Standard Operating Procedure document.
- For example, a quantity of five ID badges can be printed, housed and managed within a specific department.
- The Visitor ID Badge Checkout Standard Operating Procedure document provides a guide on how to best manage departmental visitor ID badges.
- The new Visitor ID Badge Checkout Form is intended to help departments and offices manage and track visitor ID badges and use.
- Visitor ID badges cost $24 each and are paid for via a central MSU Denver fund.
Community-member ID badges now available
Community-member ID badges are best used for long-term people with strong affiliations with MSU Denver who are not students or employees, such as board members, council members, external-partner principal representatives, etc.
- These badges do have a photo and 900 number associated with them and thus require additional information to be sent to Human Resources.
- Faculty and staff members can request a community-member ID badge using the Badging Non-employee Community Members Standard Operating Procedure document.
- Community-member ID badges cost $24 each and are paid for via a central MSU Denver fund.
Please visit the Auraria Higher Education Center Building Access Program website for more details on this phased approach to campus access and safety, including Frequently Asked Questions, contact information, maps showing doors with ID-badge access and more.