Downtown Denver will see a massive influx of activity today as fans celebrate the Denver Nuggets’ first-ever NBA championship. In case you missed it in Wednesday’s Early Bird, please reference this article before you depart for campus, as your regular route may be impacted by heavy traffic and the parade route.
Building access and safety update
Additionally, I hope you also read today’s article on access control to MSU Denver-owned buildings.
In partnership with the Auraria Higher Education Center and the Auraria Campus Police Department, MSU Denver is constantly working to protect and inform our community about crime prevention and safety on and around campus.
In the coming weeks, a comprehensive review of Auraria Campus building access will take place with the goal of enhancing the well-being of our students, employees and guests, while ensuring that all constituents have efficient access to the spaces they need to work and learn. There is no excuse for letting safety drop off as a priority, so we are hearing our faculty and seeking to make swift, effective change with our institutional partners on Auraria Campus. Please stay tuned and review the article for tips and how to ensure that you have an updated and functioning MSU Denver badge.
Health Institute Simulation Labs progress to date
Construction has begun on the Health Institute Simulation Labs project. Howell Construction is working on the third floor of the Administration Building to remodel spaces for the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design. Please reference the information below as well as the attached flyers, which I encourage you to share with your team and post within your spaces, as we can all help support communication around this significant project.
- Departments on the second floor of the West Classroom Building and the third floor of the Administration Building have moved.
- Construction is in progress on the second floor of the West Classroom Building. Expect extra levels of noise during the week of June 19 and consider remote or alternate locations for work/instruction during this time. If alternate locations are needed for instruction, please contact the registrar.
- Construction of the new Information Technology Services Service Desk will begin on the first floor of the Jordan Student Success Building in the coming weeks. This will result in an additional walk-up counter directly adjacent to Financial Aid. The walk-up desk will be open for the start of the fall 2024 semester.
- May-August: West Classroom Building second-floor demolition – ongoing
- June-October: Administration Building third-floor construction.
- June-August: Jordan Student Success Building lobby ITS Service Desk construction.
- November-June 2024: West Classroom Building second floor and Central Classroom Building Suites 105 and 220 construction.
- March-August 2024: AHEC Project B heating, ventilation and air-conditioning upgrade, full closure of West and Central Classroom Buildings.
As a reminder, visit the project’s SharePoint page to find new locations for offices and departments that have been temporarily relocated.
Design Advisory Committee meetings
All Roadrunners are invited to join Design Advisory Committee meetings.
July 18 from 1-2 p.m.
Please submit any questions, feedback or requests to join the meeting to Martha Nelson, senior project manager for Facilities Planning, Design and Construction.
- Watch the recording of the June 7 Budget Town Hall.
- The annual performance-review process has moved to Workday. Evaluations for full-time administrative-staff members will be completed directly in Workday by June 30. See this Early Bird article for a helpful checklist.
- Please continue to visit the Workday Transformation SharePoint page for resources, including Job Aids on reviewing leave balances.
- See my previous article for details on vacation-leave rollover.
Thank you again for staying up to date on all the exciting things happening at MSU Denver.
Larry Sampler, chief operating officer, vice president for Administration