The countdown to the fall semester is on. In just a few weeks, we will welcome thousands of new and returning students to the Auraria Campus. In the meantime, I’m glad to see employees taking much-deserved time off to enjoy our great state and to see the world, and I hope we can all start the new academic year feeling rested and ready.
Introducing Leadership and Organizational Engagement
Additionally, the Human Resources Office of Learning and Development has changed its name to Leadership and Organizational Engagement. This new name better reflects the team’s focus on providing professional development, engagement and recognition opportunities for employees.
Learn more and register for one of the exciting professional development offerings for fall.
Other general reminders
- The Science Building network-upgrade project has been scheduled for Aug. 8-14.
- Ensure that your ID badge is up to date before the beginning of the new semester, and be sure to carry it at all times when on campus.
- Learn how to submit a work order.
- Visit the Furniture Exchange site to help reduce waste and outfit your space.
- Stay tuned for dates and more information on upcoming campuswide fire drills.
- Keep blinds closed to help cool buildings.
- Ensure that all food is secured in sealed hard-sided containers to prevent pests (including sugar, tea, coffee, granola bars, candy, etc.).
Parking and transit reminders
- New parking-garage kiosks to accept validation codes beginning Monday.
- Customers with current validations/coupons should continue to park in their designated lot. There will be a hold on issuing citations until the new parking kiosks can accept validations/coupons.
- Lane closures and delays on Speer Boulevard.
- As the Connecting Auraria project continues, allow for extra travel time. Pedestrian and cyclist detours are still in place using Lawrence Street.
Don’t forget to RSVP for Convocation on Aug. 17. The evening event will feature food, games, prizes and more, including opening remarks from President Janine Davidson, Ph.D., and words from this year’s keynote speaker, author Dudley Thurmond.
Faster wifi is coming to the Auraria Library. Please excuse wifi internet service interruptions from Aug. 7-15, upgrade our wifi access points are being upgraded. Look forward to enhanced performance and expanded wifi coverage in the library this fall.
Thank you again for staying up to date on all the exciting things happening at MSU Denver.
Larry Sampler, chief operating officer, vice president for Administration