The purpose of this organization is to ensure the nature of business conducted by the African American Affairs Council at Metropolitan State University of Denver shall facilitate unity, continuity, cohesiveness and address the intellectual, educational, social needs, and interest of the African and African American community on campus, including, but not limited to, the following goals:
- Cooperation, communication, support and information exchange for African American administrators, faculty, and classified personnel.
- Development of appropriate strategies to assist, encourages, and supports the implementation of the urban mission of Metropolitan State University of Denver.
- Maintenance of a registry of members available to serve as advocates and resource- individuals for developing, planning, and evaluating initiatives, policies and procedures pertinent to African and African Americans.
- Involvement and representation of African and African Americans in the policy and decision-making process throughout the college.
- Promotion of faculty and staff mentorship with students to ensure retention of African and African American students at MSU Denver.
- Development of a communication network between AAAC, MSU Denver, and the metropolitan surrounding community of organizations that support diversity, equity, and inclusion of African and African American community members’ needs and interest.
- Address and ensure the appropriate placement of African American personnel – administrators, faculty, and classified staff in accordance with their qualifications.