Submit a Help Desk Ticket
Submit a Help Desk Ticket (Internet Explorer)
ITS Service Status
Get Hardware & Software
Security Alert / Warning: Please be watchful and wary of this new Malware / Ransomware called “CryptoLocker”
What it does: Once installed on your computer, CryptoLocker encrypts your files, rendering them impossible to open unless you purchase a decryption key from the hijackers.
- Regularly run a virus-scan on your local computer.
- Make sure your anti-virus application is up-to-date “Protection definitions are current”.
- Regularly backup your important files / data (keep multiple copies, on external drives OR network drives).
- Do not click on attachments in emails from someone you don’t know or companies from which you haven’t expressed interest in receiving product information.
- Do not click on links, advertisements or pictures that pop up on your screen when visiting other websites.
- Do not respond to unsolicited emails.
- Do not engage in social media games or click on links that appear on social media platforms.
- Do not disable security settings MSU Denver ITS has established, such as antivirus, firewall, filtering, and site monitoring programs.
- If you believe you have received an email that contains malware, immediately report it to ITS (Call: 303-352-7548 OR Submit a Help Desk Ticket)
ITS News and Announcements
Cell coverage sometimes a no-show to class
It’s a comment you may continue to hear on the Auraria campus: “Can you hear me now?” The problem? A lack of consistent cell coverage in many buildings on campus.
Changeover to Blackboard Learn on track for spring
More than 100 faculty members have been teaching 377 classes this fall using the new Blackboard Learn 9.1 learning management system, in preparation for the changeover by the entire University to the new system next semester.
Modeling software takes MSU Denver aerospace students on some historic flights
Four MSU Denver students presented sophisticated computer models of a lunar landing, Amelia Earhart’s ill-fated flight, and more at a museum fundraising gala Saturday.
Adobe security breach threat to institutional computer accounts
Information Technology Services (ITS) is notifying registered Adobe users at MSU Denver of a recent security breach and advising them how to protect their computer accounts and files.
MSU Denver hosting Banner Users of the Mountain States (BUMS) conference
About 170 Banner software users from Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico will attend the Banner Users of the Mountain States (BUMS) conference, hosted by MSU Denver, on Thursday and Friday.
Nighttime power outages scheduled for Auraria buildings
Many buildings on the Auraria campus will experience brief power outages at some point late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.
ITS open forum set for next week
Information Technology Services will host an open forum on Monday, Nov. 18, 2:30-4 p.m. in the Student Success Building, Room 400.
Week in review
In case you didn’t get a chance to read @MSU Denver earlier, here’s your chance to catch up on the top stories for the week of Nov. 4, 2013:
Mars or bust: Student travelers wanted
Some students envision a spring break on warm beaches. And then there’s Taletha Maricle-Fitzpatrick. She’s thinking bigger and farther away – much farther away.
Journalism and technical communication: A media marriage
It was a merger that was a long time coming. After an on-and-off courtship of more than 25 years, the journalism and technical communication programs finally said “I do.”
Online tutoring now available 24/7
If MSU Denver students are anything, they’re busy. Many have full- or part-time jobs and families – something not lost on the University’s Student Academic Success Center.
New procurement website helps users get best technology at best price
Information Technology Services’ revised procurement website offers a guide for all members of the MSU Denver community in the selection, acquisition and use of the latest technology.
MSU Denver becomes a partner in national cybersecurity awareness program
MSU Denver recently signed on as a partner in STOP.THINK.CONNECT, a global cybersecurity awareness campaign created to help promote the importance of online safety.
Technology outage update
Scheduled Maintenance on Friday will impact some MSU Denver technology services
ITS opens new computer lab
Information Technology Services has a new academic computer lab. The lab, located in Room 260 on the second floor of the Administration Building, will serve more students in one location.