Ready to find out what MSU Denver can do for you? We’ve got you covered.
You are provided an MSU Denver NetID and initial password when you join the University. Your NetID permits secure access to a variety of applications and services. To look up your NetID and initial password, go to My First Login and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Your student ID number will be at the top of your admissions letter. This number will be required for all transactions with the University.
Think of passwords like the locks you use to secure your valuables: Stronger is better! Your passwords should be:
1. At least 10 characters long
2. A combination of letters, numbers, and symbols
3. Changed at least every 120 days
4. Secret (don’t share them with anyone!)
Your NetID password can be changed through Office 365 at any time. Be sure you set up account recovery options so you can get back in if you forget your password. Please see How do I change my NetID password? for step-by-step instructions.
All MSU Denver Email (Office 365) accounts are configured with multi-factor authentication for added security. Multiple notification options are available, including mobile push notifications. Please see What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? for more information, including step-by-step instructions for setting up or updating your secondary authentication factors.
To access your MSU Denver email account and Office 365 apps, go to msudenver.edu/studenthub, click the Email link, and log in using your NetID and NetID password.
Find out about the fast, secure “MSUDenver” wireless network and the open “MSUDenver-Guest” network by reading What are MSU Denver’s Wi-Fi networks?
MSU Denver has numerous student computer labs for your computing and printing needs. Please see What are the MSU Denver Student Labs? for lab hours and locations.
To get up-to-date information about emergencies and other important information sent to you via email or text message, sign up for the Rave alerts program at getrave.com/login/MSUDenver.
Be aware of possible phishing emails that are sent intentionally to steal your personal information, money, or identity! Get information on how to detect and avoid phishing at the ITS website, and forward any suspicious emails you receive to [email protected].
As an MSU Denver student, you receive five FREE copies of Microsoft Office for your personal use and can access online versions of many of these apps through the Office 365 web portal. Please see How do I download Office 365 applications on my personal computer? for download information.
Laptops are available for five-day checkout at two locations: West Classroom (WC) 243 and Student Success Building (SSB) 230. You will need to present a current MSU Denver ID card and a second ID (preferably a driver’s license).
The Student Hub at msudenver.edu/studenthub provides a central place where you can access Email, Self-Service Banner, and Canvas, along with links that allow you to connect with University organizations and academic services.
Canvas is MSU Denver’s learning management system used for online and many face-to-face courses. Go to msudenver.edu/studenthub, click the Canvas link, and log in using your NetID and NetID password.
To find contact information for your professors, go to the MSU Denver homepage and use the ‘Search MSU Denver’ tool.
1. Associate your MSU Denver ID Card with a Ricoh Printer in an MSU Denver Computer Lab. Check the instructions on the ITS Knowledgebase or contact the Service Desk if you need help.
2. Log Off / Sign Out of your MSU Denver Computer Lab computer when you finish using it. Make sure you log in before you start working; don’t use the last person’s account if they forgot to log out.
3. Save Your Work to a USB drive, OneDrive, or other personal data storage. Files are not permanently saved on MSU Denver Computer Lab machines.
4. Print from Your Own Device using Web Print. Go to print.msudenver.edu then click “Web Print.”
5. Don’t forget to Take Your Belongings (USB drives, headphones, cellphone, backpack, etc.) when you leave. Any lost items will be taken to the nearest campus police station, ITS Service Desk location, or the Tivoli bookstore.
Check the Classrooms & Labs Knowledge Base for more information.
Some software can be streamed to personal or other non-MSU Denver computers through the Virtual Lab environment. Please see What is the Citrix Virtual Lab Environment? for more information, including a list of available software and instructions on how to access the Virtual Lab.
Feel free to stop by our Service Desk location for one-on-one assistance.
ITS provides walk-in support in our West Classroom office (WC 243).Check the ITS Service Desk Hours
Contact the ITS Service Desk at 303-352-7548 if you need assistance. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience, so feel free to call us anytime!
Visit the ITS Client Portal to access the services provided by ITS, including ticketing, knowledge base, project management, and more!