Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award
The Faculty Senate is accepting applications for the 2014 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Please consider applying or encourage fellow-faculty to apply for this recognition of the outstanding efforts faculty make.
There are three awards, each for $1500:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Full-time Temporary and Part-time Faculty (including Visiting Professors and Affiliate Faculty).
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- maintaining rigorous academic standards
- having a positive impact on students' learning and professional development
- showing a commitment to teaching
- cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure track award must be full time and have taught full-time or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of 2013. Applicants for the full time temporary and part time faculty award must have taught classes during both semesters of 2013. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating on-line and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received by Friday, April 4, 2014, 5:00 p.m. Electronic submission (.doc, .pdf) is preferred.
A complete application will include the following:
- a completed application form;
- teaching evaluations from Spring and Fall of 2013;
- a copy of a syllabus from one class;
- a copy of guidelines for one assignment or group work exercise;
- teaching schedule this semester with times and rooms of classes;
- a letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant.
Please direct questions to Robyn Sherwood, Faculty Senate Admin at email@example.com.