Department of Modern Languages
Summer 2015 in Vichy, France
In 2015, Metropolitan State University of Denver offers a 4-week, intensive French program in Vichy, France, at Cavilam-Alliance Française. The goal is to study the French language in an authentic setting, interacting both socially and culturally with French speaking people.
When, where and how much?
- June 1st – 28th, 2015
- Vichy, at the Cavilam-Alliance Française school
- Estimated cost is $4,870. Please note that this amount is likely to be reduced, due to the recent changes in the exchange rate.
Vichy is an ideal city for discovering the French way of life in an authentic, picturesque region. Its mansions and Art Nouveau opera house combine with the reputed powers of its mineral springs, the appeal of the Allier river and the promise of long walks through leafy parks dating back to the time of Napoleon III. It is a perfect starting point for excursions into Auvergne and throughout France, and it is only 3 hours by train from Paris. Vichy is roughly the size of Fort Collins.
The CAVILAM-Alliance Française school has become a global benchmark with an international reputation for its innovative approach to teaching, attracting nearly 5,000 students every year from over 120 nationalities. It is located in a superb setting close to the city center. It offers high-quality instruction and it is equipped with exceptional technological resources.
What does the program includes?
This program includes
- 6 French Language credits through Metro State U.
- 4 weeks of language courses at the Cavilam school, 20 hours a week. All levels are available, including complete beginners.
- Housing in a French family. Breakfast and dinner are included. This means that you will communicate in French all day long and that your linguistic abilities will improve greatly from the first day!
- Cultural activities and weekend excursions, tastings, etc.
- Two days in Paris, at the end of the program
- Administration fees
What is included in this price?
- Registration for 6 university credits in French Language
- 4 weeks of intensive French courses at Cavilam (20 hours a week)
- Accommodation in a French family while in Vichy
- Cultural program and excursions
- Breakfast and dinner
- Transfer by train Paris-Vichy-Paris
- 2 hotel nights in Paris
What is not included?
- Travel insurance (approx. $75)
- Passport, if you do not have one yet ($165)
- Airfare Denver-Paris (approx. $1400-$1700)
- Lunches in Vichy ($5-8 a day)
- Personal expenses ($150 per week)
Interested ? Please contact Jean-François Duclos (firstname.lastname@example.org)